Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Easy Way to Color in a Stamped Image

Sometimes I'm not in the mood to color to my heart's content.  I know I want a stamped image but I also don't want to spend too much time coloring it.  I'll show you an easy way to achieve this with colored cardstock and pearlized inks (aka Smooches)!

I created this tutorial a couple years ago with Scrapbook News and Review magazine for a stamp manufacturer (Doggone Cute Stamps).  With the help of some punches, I was able to create a fun embellishment.

Here's a photo of all the supplies I used (the stamp is not included in this image).

I started by stamping my image using black ink.  I used regular dye ink.  I'm stamping on yellow cardstock because I decided that the dog should be yellow.

I used a total of 3 colors to color in the tiny details of my image.

Just cut your image out with some really good detail cutting scissors and you can add it to any project.

And the fun doesn't stop here!  Let me show you what you can add that fun image on.

I took a scalloped circle punch and went in with a handheld punch and punched holes into the centers of each scallop.

Take some yarn or thread and loop it in and out of the holes.

When you get to the other end, just tie a bow.

I punched a circle out of some bright patterned cardstock to serve as the background that I'm going to glue my dog to.

Glue on your image and some extra buttons and you're done!  Use this fun embellishment on any project you wish.

Hope you enjoyed that tutorial!  For more, check out my tutorial tab above and I've got them all grouped together for you!











3 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR