Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Try Smile Therapy


The next prompt at All About Me is one that will make you THINK!
Are you up for the challenge?
This challenge is called "My World From a Different Angle" and it's brought to you by the beautiful Rani!

This was tough to figure out.  I wasn't sure how I was going to approach the prompt.
I ended up with something that really speaks to me and sends a good message to family who will look at my scrapbook pages and learn about life and love.

Now, you can take that prompt any way you want to....don't worry if you aren't understanding it right...just run with it.  That's the whole point...to see what comes from the prompt!

Oh man, this layout was too fun to make!




Look at all the goodies!  Aaaaaah!



And those buttons are from another Etsy Seller who has become one of my FAVES....London Tierney's shop Such Sweet Tierney.  This set was named "Iceberg".  I don't think there are any left, but if you ask, she may be able to custom make some for you!  But she's got a TON of stuff in the store and I'm SURE you'll stumble across something you'll love.



If the pic looks blurry, IT IS!  I used Picnik.com to edit the photo!  LOVED IT!  It focused the center of the photo and blurred the rest.  I loved the effect!

And I was surfing if you can't tell.  I have no recollection as to why I ended up on the table...but there you have it.....goofy goofy goofy!

Here's the journaling:
"Smile Therapy works!  It lifts you up, helps you forget.  It cushions the fall and creates positivity.  I use it in life and work and it's served me well.  Have fun...don't take everything too seriously or life will pass you by."

In the photo I was OBVIOUSLY being goofy and having fun.  This photo was actually taken during Nursing School....definitely a serious time of my life...but as you see....I still managed to have fun!

I find that smiles help A LOT in my line of work.  I am blessed with much charm..heh heh..and the combination works well to calm down upset people, angry patients, anxious and sick people, and irritated docs and co-workers.


Look at my embelly goodies from my kit!
And I glue on all that action with a hot glue gun.  That's the ONLY way I've gotten things to adhere and STAY!

So you will have 2 weeks to play along!  Have fun with us over at AAM and scrap about yourself so you can tell the story of YOU!

Hugs,
Mo

9 comments:

  1. that is an absolutely fun take & layout with what sounded like a rather serious prompt !

    I love your smile therapy wisdom out of this !!!

    & wow ! what a fabu kit to create with too !!! just yummos , grrl !!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you edited the picture! Those buttons are too cool. This layout makes me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miss Mo...this is just Perfect...I love all the colors and details...but the pic and journaling spoke to me....What a great idea...I sure could use some of that smile therapy!!!

    Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this Mo!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo of U and the colors ROCK!!! And U all ready know how I feel about SMILE THERAPY!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a totally fun lo - love the edited pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun layout! love the colors the details and your pic you edited! Oh and the journaling. love smile therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!!! i am a huge fan of picnik!!! AND sweet tierney. i've got to get me some of those buttons for myself.

    and WHY have i never thought to use the hot glue gun?? my stuff is always falling off. ugh! glue dots are NOT permanent no matter what they tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. in all honesty, this post made me smile. it really is therapy!

    thanks for the uplifting post today, mo!

    LOVE what you did with the kit.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR