Thursday, February 4, 2010

To My Valentine




I love the new poem up at Scrap That Poetry!  It's called "Ah, Yes! Love" by Clarence B. Campbell.
Again, I broke into my Vintage Plum Stash!
What a beautiful kit!



Sorry for the glare in this photo but I am not going to take another photo just to have one without the glare...I figured you ladies wouldn't mind.

The journaling reads (it's part of the poem):
"Ah, yes! Love





The transparency I used is to blame for all that glare (which I was able to correct pretty well with my Photoshop Elements).  I figure out how to do some cool things by trial and error while working on this layout.  I put on some of this ink, intending to color the inside of this heart a beautiful blue.  But I found out that it would NOT dry onto the transparency (duh)!  Luckily, as I placed my elbow over that area and discovered it was wet, I DID NOT smear it all over my beautiful page!!!  I then placed another transparency over it to blot it and got this cool look.  Now....to seal it....I added some of that clear-drying glue/craft laquer (Stampin' Up! calls it Crystal Effects) but they do sell another brand at Michaels.

I used lots of Liquid Pearls and Stickles for all that added zing!  I had another photo that wouldn't upload...but you get the idea of how they look, right?  If not, I'm sure if you click on the full layout you get a big gigantic photo.  For a supply list check HERE.

Well, that's it!  I'm loving this layout!  I think I'll frame it and give it to Luke for Valentines...along with something else he might like such as golf-related stuff.

Hope your week has been great!  Thanks for visiting!  What are you doing this weekend?  I'm skiing on a GIRLS ONLY trip!  Woohooo!

Hugs,
Mo

Is bubbles and beauty and lantern light,
Music and madness and dizzy height,
Tender words,
And a star-filled night!"

This verse went PERFECTLY with my photo taken around Valentine's Day one year (Hubby and I argue if it's 2005 or 2006..I think he's right but I didn't tell him that...wink wink).  So contrary to what I thought, this was taken in '06 NOT '05.  Anyway, my POINT IS....we saw this dinner show at a place in Seattle called "Teatro Zinzanni" where you have dinner while they perform all around you.  There's music, singing, acting, comedy, lots of costumes and make-up, and even acrobats!  Oh, it is sooooooo amazing! Oh!  AND FACE PAINTING! (See how it talks about that in the poem????)  I hoped to go this year, but Hubs was too late on booking the tickets (ahem....Mo was actually too late in reminding him)!

 Side note...I've figured that I have to help romance along by sending links to what I want for special occasions and telling him what I want for Anniversaries and Valentines Day...etc.  I started last Christmas and have been VERY VERY VERY HAPPY.  I didn't think I could be... at first...because my gifts would not be HIS idea but MINE.  Then, I realized IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME...cuz I get what I want and I'm not moping around when other people talk about what THEY got!  Sorry, it's not the thought that counts with him...because when he's stressed...he doesn't think clearly...he he!  Examples (clothes purchased online that don't fit...not even close (SMALL UNISEX is NOT SMALL!!!), ANOTHER gift certificate to a place for which he's already given me 3 previous ones, a framed piece of artwork that SUCKED (not my style at all...and he payed WAY TOO MUCH for it), and the most INFAMOUS present....BIG FAT NOTHING...not even a card...or flowers).  Yep, I remember stomping upstairs that day after yelling and slamming the door behind me.  It was not a good year for us that year.  Sigh.

So we will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary this May...yep...it took me THAT LONG...to figure out I needed to SPELL OUT WHAT I WANT!  It's a win-win situation!  With those I love, I'm not great at compromise....I want what I want...yes, I know I'm spoiled....I'm a brat.  But they never tell me...that's why when I realized this a few years a go...I shocked myself...heh heh!  More on that another time.  I stumbled across some cool techniques while working on this layout!

21 comments:

  1. Mo, this is so cute! Don't you hate it when they're right?! Once they know you know they hold it over you :). I'll be celebrating my 8th anniversary this year, too! Congrats - and fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this lo rocks - love the blue heart and the heart flower :D

    i think one of the biggest mistakes women make in relationships is expecting the man to read their mind - wtg asking for what you want, then you are both happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous mo!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the hearts! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely layout! I love all the shine and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mo!!! found your blog and linked it to mine!!!! and you're pinay too, how cool is that!!!! yey!!!! see you at the AAM board and can't wait to have fun with you!!!!

    janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MO...this is adorable!!! I just love all the colors and details...and may I say...you two are on HOT COUPLE!!!

    Wishing you a Fabby Friday!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet layout! I'm the same way with my husband, it may not be a surprise but at least I get what I want! lol

    Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you played with STP! Yippee!! Mega sweet LO! Love the teal heart!

    Funny stories of gifts past, or lack there of!! LOL!

    Glad you guys are running into 8 years, keep it going strong!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that technique that you came across by accident... it is beautiful! Great take on the poem, I am so glad you liked it! I too will be celebrating my 8th anniversary... funny! Thanks for playing along at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a killer layout Mo!
    I LOVE the colors!!!!
    Hubby and I are celebrating our "dozen" wedding anniversary this March, is it not a mazing how fast time goes??
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    (((((BIG hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous (as usual) l/o!!! I'm so glad you described how you made those hearts because I was going to ask anyway! And funny enuf, we are ALSO celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary this year! (20 years together anniversary!) I pretty much never get anything for any holiday so when i do i'm surprised (even though, yeah, it's usually not what i want). i really need to play along with STP!! i've seen it pop up a lot lately and it looks like so much fun! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i want to go skiing!!! LUCKY!

    love where you put your journaling! :) that LO looks great! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous layout....love the journalling idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome techniques here , Mo ! love how this Valentine layout turned out in red & turquoise !
    Have a fab V day this year too ! ;)

    p/s : mucho thanx for the well wishes !

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful LO!!! the heart looks awesome!!! Thanks for playing with us at STP!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THIS LAYOUT!!! Great colors and the techniques you used are so sweet!!! WAY COOL!!!

    Thanks for sharing about you and your hubby, too. May year number 8 be a beautiful one for the two of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great job with this poem!!! thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha you are so funny! I can just see you stomping around and I bet you look so cute when you are mad!
    Babe, Austin and I do the same thing. I tell him exactly what I want. haha
    Love that pretty layout!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout Mo! LOVE those hearts, they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR