Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Piece of my Heart is Always With You

Okay, so I'm having a terrible time getting photos to upload to Blogger.....
So instead of posting the Man of the Week, I'll have to get to that on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm posting the post I was originally saving for Tuesday!


Are you feeling SKETCHY?  Here's my take on the 2/4 sketch at Sketchy Thursdays!
I had to make some Valentine cards and after making this first one, I was quite inspired to create more!!!


There I go using Distress Ink again!!!!  Fun!!!  I also used some cool My Mind's Eye paper...it's an old one.  I LOVE IT!  It's got some great texture to it and when I inked it up it looked awesome!  Give me a couple days and I'll upload it to my flickr with a supply list...if you really wanna know.  I dusted off a Valentiney stamp set I had and stamped away!  I stamped that blue inked up heart and made some extras for future cards/layouts.  That sketch is way too cool.


Here's a close up (photo above).  I can't quit with the liquid pearls and stickles...epecially in these two colors!



While I'm at it, I'll share another card...a real easy one....he he...I love th birdies on this!

I love me some Prima flowers...I need a refill!!!!!  I'm running dangerously low!



And...okay...I'll share this as well.  I'm hoping my sisters won't see this post because these goodies are for them for Valentine's Day.  But...they've been so busy I don't think they have the time...he he....

I made Emmy (the sis in Cali) this frame.  And you will be sick of this photo because I've used it on so many projects lately!!!

I used some fun crackle paint and then misted some walnut stain onto it.  This frame was one of those real cheap ones from Michael's.  



I also wrote a message to my sis on the frame "A piece of my heart is always with you."  I miss her so.  She needs to move back here to Washington.  I'm working on one for Krystal but don't have time to finish it till midweek.  But you better believe I'll share!

The ski trip I went on was SUPER FUN!  There's just something so refreshing about being with The Girls.  It was me and my Mom and my Aunts....I can't believe how much we laughed...and fell on our butts.  When I get copies of the photos, I'll share!

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Mo

Check out my classes offered at The Art Studio for SNR:

 




12 comments:

  1. What lovely cards and such a pretty frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards...they are adorable and I love the distressing!!! The frame...what a Fabby gift and I just love that photo of you!!!

    Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun on your ski trip! I love that card for ST...beautiful, and that frame is awesome:) I got to where I could not stand blogger anymore, and I have to say so far, I love Wordpress! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, wonderful projects! Love the inking on the first one and who doesn't love misting? TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the projects, MO!!! The cards are super cute and hot, hot frame!!! Great stuff, as always, girlie!

    Love the new blog look, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards, I love how you've layered the first one. Te frame is very cool. I have a bit of a thing for altering frames at the moment!

    Thanks for playing!

    Amanda x
    Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mo! You outdid yourself. I love your cards and that frame! I made some frames on Thurs night when I had my first craft night, but I haven't finished embellishing them yet.
    btw, I was going to ask you, I need some stamp pads are you still selling?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooooooo gorgeous projects, sweets! love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so i wanna see those skiing photos!!! HAHAH. :) or i at least want to see you scrap those! lol.

    pretty cards, me friend. if you don't mind me asking, who made that cute lil birdy stamp on the 2nd one?! it's adorable.

    LOVE the heart frame for your sister. she's gonna love it.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. luv luv LOVE all of it!!!! not that i'm biased or anything but i especially love that sketchy card. yummy texture!!!!! you are so lucky to have such strong female family ties!!! can't wait to see the ski pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your projects! So cute. I'm a Prima addict, too. I hope Blogger is friendlier soon!

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such wonderful cards , Mo !

    I wouldn't worry at all about channeling anyone. At the end of it all , your very own signature style comes shining thru ' so matter who inspired you in the first place! ;)

    I am so loving that pic of you with the bib necklace ! I really feel like putting my big Prima flowers to much better use like how Beth makes her necklaces ! woot !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR