Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Goofiness That Is Mo

I've been wanting to get DOWN AND DIRTY for the longest time!!!! With paints, that is! I'd been planning a layout in my mind...you know, the ones where you know there's something special brewing so you kind of hold off and see what surfaces.

It started the day I got the Shimmerz in the mail. I won them at Vintage Plum, and it had been so long ago, that I don't know what for! It was a drawing for the product, I believe! Anyway, I wanted to do some masking with all those die cuts I've been making for my MoMoStamper Etsy Shop! I've been playing with techniques so that I could come up with some cute examples to post in the store.

Well, I was surfing the blogosphere and there was mention about The Dares, and I'd been wanting to check that place out for awhile now. It's really intriguing over there! Wouldn't you know it, the dare involved getting messy! I could finally put something together...this was my cue! Messy...like PAINT kindof messy...not really my style! I don't mean that I don't like it, but it's not something I usually do in my layouts....though I've admired MANY layouts just like this!

So this page was born after Dare 143. Basically it's getting messy with ink, paint and masks!
I got to do some real playing around on this one! I felt like I was in grade school again!!! I used my die cuts as masks and sprayed on some Shimmerz in 2 colors to create the effect on lighter cardstock. First I sprayed on the blue/green color and when it dried, I removed the masks and sprayed again with the pink color Shimmerz. I love how this layout is kinda off centered....kinda GOOFY looking!

Here's the INGREDIENTS:

Flower Embellishments by Prima - Petal Palette Mix #7
Adhesive Felt Borders - Darcy Collection Anna Griffin
Chipboard Stickers - Remarks Series - Thickers by American Crafts
Clear and Mirrored raindrops and circles (manufacturer unknown)
Love & Happiness Rub Ons - black - Stampin' Up!
Rhinestone Brads - Stampin' Up!
Signo Gel Pen in white - UniBall
Stickles - Black - Ranger
Cardstock Stickers - Sassafras
Pigma Micron 03 Journaling Pen - black - Sakura
Shimmerz in 4 Leaf Clover and Bed of Roses
Flowers - Making Memories
Pixie Pink Classic Stampin' Pad - Stampin' Up!
Scallop Edge Punch - Stampin' Up!
Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon - Bermuda Bay - Stampin' Up!
Vintage Butterflies - MoMoStamper Etsy Shop
Vintage Flowers - MoMoStamper Etsy Shop


I outlined the butterflies with some Stickles. The clear adhesive circle came from that pack with the raindrops.....I wish I had MORE! I took a turquoise marker and placed 3 dots down the middle of the butterfly. Then I placed the clear circles on them. To give the butterfly a pink tinge, I just took my Stampin' Up! ink in a shade of pink and pressed the butterfly into it.

Again, I was lacking in the Thickers "E" department, so I used a "3" and thought it went really well with the goofy theme I already had going on!

I used more Stickles to place dots on the left edge where I used my scallop border punch. Okay, story on the photo: This was taken during my sister's Graduation Party....um....after few drinks. I did a goofy pose for the camera. This was the result!


Here I used some of my Vintage Die Cut Flowers. One was used as a mask. I then added a couple die cut flowers in my flower cluster. I thought that big flower needed some definition, so I traced along the outline with a black journaling pen.


Here's a close-up of the raindrops. I love how some of them are mirrored! I thought they were a nice representation of how I love rain. Especially with thunderstorms! You can see how I went in with my gel pen along the scallop edge. I love the imperfection of it!


I added some rub ons and the parts that were on the photo, I outlined again with the Signo Gel Pen. I'm not a good doodler AT ALL. So, this was how I cheated! You can't really tell that it wasn't a freehand doodle! I just traced the rub on!

Here's what the journaling reads:
"silliness is what keeps me going through the good, the bad, and the boring times! i'm sillier now @ 33 than i've EVER been! a direct result of hanging w/ a 2 & 6 yr old!"
I love GOOFY....it keeps me going! To get through a 13 hour day at work I do a lot of goofy talking, dancing, and sometimes even pranks! I sneak up on my co-workers...even some of the docs....either behind them or around a corner! One time one of my big burly guy co-workers went upstairs after closing...when it's dark and deserted...and we were trialing these headphone devices....and I started saying creepy things like..."Are you in the elevator?"...."Remember that scene from The Grudge when the ghost was behind the lady in the elevator?" He didn't say anything at the time, but when he came back down I asked "Did I scare you?" and I was surprised to hear that I FREAKED HIM OUT! I've scared myself a few times...my imagination ALWAYS freaks me out when I find myself in a part of the department alone....in the dark! I work in a Clinic....but HOSPITALS ARE SCARIER! He he he....

Okay, back on track....After I spelled out my name with those turquoise letters....it seemed too plain...so I Stickled around them!

I love this layout because it's sooooooo different from what I usually do! It's one of my FAVES! And it's about MOI~!
Hope you enjoyed my out-of-the-ordinary layout! Have a great weekend Bloggy Gals!
I hope to do more like these!







11 comments:

  1. awwww babe, I love you soo much! You are so cute, so gorgeous...I could just eat you up! This is def my fave layout from you thus far!! me loves, ME LOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    AND YES!!! I would love for you to use a poem of mine. THat would be way awesome! I would feel so honored. And there will be a new one this year! Last year, I included everyone's "character" that was in the pic into the poem. but, the first one is more general.
    Have a great Friday, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that LO!!!!!! And I love reading about what U do to your co-workers!!! LOL!!! Of course, if I was one of them....I'd probably get freaked out too!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous Mo, even without all the close up pics you can see how much work went into it (but i love the close ups). WTG :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in LOVE and complete awe with this one, mo! i love how unique and pretty it is. i esp love all of the shimmery stuff on it! :)

    absolutely stunning.

    hope you have a fantastic weekend.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maureen this LO is AWESOME!!! I truly mean it and thank you for taking us step by step..You did so much work on this and it turned out perfect!!!! I agree with Beth...this is my favorite LO!!!!! ME LOVES TOOOOOO!!!! Thank you for your kind and wonderful comment that you left me and I am so thankful to have you in my life!!! I try everyday to find the positive...it took me quite a while to get to this place...but it is so rewarding!!!! You touched my heart today and that means so much to me!!!! Yes, the jello is tough for breakfast and since I am still Acute...I am taking it easy and really do not have much of an appetite.....so this is a good thing...but bad for Hubby....he is on his own for dinners!!!! Have a great weekend and I just may LIFT your LO!!!!!! If I May!!!!! Smiles to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a ceautiful job on this layout, how much fun was it getting messy? My saying is the messier the better : )
    Thank you for sharing so many pictures with us and for breaking it down step by step.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ~ i love all the details youve got going on here!!! such a rad layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mo, this is such a cute creation, I adore it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your goofiness and this layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too darn cute!! I love the photo, so funny!!

    Sweet LO little lady!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many rockin' things going on in this layout! thanks for all the details of how you created this page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR