Friday, June 19, 2009

I got some GIRLY LOVIN'.........Dream Girl lovin' that is!


What a surpise to pop over to the Dream Girls Challenge Blog to find out that........

I'M THE CHALLENGE 29 WINNER!

Remember that card up there?????? She won!

Wooohoooo! On my quest to find more challenges, I found the Dream Girls. Sure, I've stumbled over the site before.....but now i've been reeled into the challenges!




All the entries were gorgeous! I can't believe it! And this was a scrap card!......see the olive paper? That was the leftover piece from some flower making!
CLICK HERE if you want to see a list of materials on the last blog post I did about this card.
Yay! Wanna see what I won?
Papers from Collage Press!

Thanks Dream Girls! And thanks for everyone's sweet comments!

Okay, I still feel like I owe you guys some new eye candy! So here's an OLD card I made.....he he! Remember that weaving card????? Well, here's the prototype. This was my first draft.


It's got a really different look from the one I made the video tutorial on! It's distressed, grungy, and masculine!


Instead of embroidery floss (as in the video), I used twine. It wasy a bit harder to work into knots, but it's a whole different look! Another option would be to use ribbon instead of twine or embroidery thread.....lots of different options here!
You could even crochet that net using a huge crochet hook! That actually might be easier than making all those knots!
Here's the video if ya wanna take a peek!


Thanks for visiting me today! Got any ideas on a new video tutorial? Any techniques you wanna see? I'm stumped...I missed a video for May!!!!! I will need to make it up somehow but I don't know if I have the energy for two June tutorials! Maybe two in July?










3 comments:

  1. Congrats girl!! That card is a stunner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Blog, you are multi talented! I have left an award for you on my blog. Thanks for sharing, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Congrats on the well-deserved win.

    Love that weaving card, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR