Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Love You Big Time! Weaving Technique Tutorial

Okay! Here's a special treat! If you haven't already heard my ramble about Vintage Plum......here's more info! They sell scrapbooking kits and have an awesome website where you can shoot the breeze with other passionate crafters! There are weekly challenges and contests! Lots of awesome fun! I've met some amazing women with equally amazing talent over at VintagePlum.com! They have recently chosen their first design team! Cutie Patootie Beth P is one of them! And, of course, I was quite flattered when she asked me to do a tutorial on the Vintage Plum blog! I chose to do it in video format, of course!


So, my April Project of the month is a tutorial introducing a weaving technique. The idea came from a scarf I made a few years ago...and I applied it to cardmaking! Basically, you weave in pieces of ripped cardstock strips and yarn and or some ribbon. A card like this would be best given in person rather than mailed since it's too bulky. Or if sending a present in the mail, tuck it in your package or it may be sent back to you!

I will add the video to the end of this post for your viewing pleasure!

I decided to use VP's March 2009 kit called "Hill Country" to make this card! Having this kit available took the guesswork out of coordinating different cardstocks and fibers. I've since subscribed to the monthly kits at VP and I CANNOT WAIT till the April kit is released! Wooohooo!

Here's a close up of the card:

Look at the nummy yummy papers, fibers and buttons! Normally, I wouldn't think to add that cool yellow color to the card, but once again, thanks to the kit, I've been able to use colors I otherwise would not have chosen!

As you can probably see from the photos....it may take a little time to do...but it's soooooo worth it! You might not even want to give it away after you're done!!! Hahaha!
If you want to peek at the kit contents of Hill Country by Vintage Plum, CLICK HERE to go to VintagePlum.com and look at the kits! They consist of products MADE IN THE USA!




AND tune in to Creative Cafe on tonight at Vintage Plum!!! What is Creative Cafe? It will take place at VintagePlum.com every tuesday night at 6 pm CST and includes a live chat with step-by-step instructions and pictures of the project for the evening.

I am working on ANOTHER post and watch for it tomorrow or over the weekend! My project inspiration.....Carrie Bradshaw! That's the only hint you'll get!

Okee Pokey, as promised, here's the April Project of the Month video!  Enjoy!



For more creating with string inspiration click image below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR