Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tear it up!

I'm kinda like a pack rat! It has taken years to really change this habit of mine.....or maybe just moving out of my parent's home and realizing I don't have anywhere to put all this stuff! I really try to think "Do I REALLY need to keep this?" and most of the time I think "no" and throw whatever it is away, give it to someone else who could make better use of it, or donate it! And then I forget about it and never look back!

So when I scrap, I've got my recycling bin next to me and I start chucking stuff in there. I keep going with my scrapping and I'll catch a glimpse of a piece of paper in the bin and go...."Oh!" and fish it back out. I find that I usually rescue torn pieces.....like these! I made some cards out of em!



Once again, I used one of my favorite sets "A Beautiful Thing" by Stampin' Up! How sweet? Right? I mean, what would your life really be without certain people in it????? So tell them how thankful you are!

I'm always thankful for the life I have and the love in it. Two very major events in my life have made me more aware that any minute, life can change...any minute you can leave this world. The first was a major car accident where I remember thinking (what I thought was my last thought before dying) "I'm going to die...it's over." I held my breath all the while feeling some power cradling me....keeping me safe. And...I walked away from a roll over accident on the freeway....my car crashed against a barrier. I still don't know how I walked away...I just figured, "There must be something I've yet to do in this world since I'm still in it."

Another one of my worse fears ALSO happened a few years ago. At the age of 2, my daughter fell out of a second story window onto concrete. Not a day goes by that I first cringe at the thought of what my life would be like without her and I say a daily prayer for every day I have with my family. She's 6 now and in good health. She's got a scar right above her right eye from the fall. It's a reminder to me to be thankful. And I am. I still shiver as I think of that day.

Okay, sorry bout that! I just started typing and before you know it, I've gone and told you all that crazy stuff! Well, on to brighter things! Now, I'll continue...with MORE cool photos!







Here's is the image of the rest of the stamp set. Sooooo cute! Love it love it love it!







The patterned paper came from this nummy paper pack by Me and My Big Ideas!



Here's a cool stamp for you Kitty Kat lovers!






I adore this set...probably because of the cheesy humor...that's MY kinda humor!



These cards all were matchy matchy! Simple, quick and all from scraps!


Once again, I used a stamp from the "For a Friend" set by Stampin' Up! which is retired. Like it? Want it? Try searching Ebay!

Okeee Pokey! If you haven't guessed, one of my goals for 2009 is to use up some of my sCRAPs! So break into your stash....if it's been sitting there for awhile, you REALLY need o put some of them to use! Spend a day making a buncha cards and keep them in a box to give when an occasion pops up! Tuck some envelopes in that box as well as stamps.....and a pen! You have no excuse NOT to send your girlfriend that Birthday card!

1 comment:

  1. u are sooo lucky... the stuff is available for u...i cant even order the stampin up stuff...
    ok, apart from that...i soooooo loved your card...just watched your video on youtube(lavender007cute)...amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR