Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Prince! Scrapbooking a Wedding Photo...FINALLY!

I am on a roll! Here's another project I busted out this week! I entered this layout (LO) in the "Favorite Quote" contest over at the Vintage Plum website! I'm tellin' ya, the contests and kits are really helping me get some scrapbooking done! This photo from my wedding was taken nearly 7 years ago! I'm lovin' the colors in the March 2009 Kit I got last week! And their products are made in the USA!


This LO is of me and my Prince....my Hubby Luke. We will be celebrating our 7 th Anniversary this May. Whoa does time fly!

This photo was taken on my wedding day. We were married in a Cambodian (Khmer) Wedding Ceremony which was elaborate, symbolic and amazing. It was based on a beautiful legend of the origin of Cambodia and a re-enactment of the marriage of the first Khmer prince, Preah Thong, to the naga princess, Neang Neak. It has been said that the father of the naga princess swallowed a part of the ocean, forming the land of Cambodia...this was his marriage gift to the couple. Our ceremony was a very abbreviated one, lasting only one day but these ceremonies usually last anywere from 3 days to a week!

If you're interested in reading more about the Cambodian Wedding Ceremony, I found some very detailed info on this website:
KhmerInstitute.org



I had a wonderful time creating this LO! I love using kits because it helps speed up the process of creating! I worry too much about all the little details sometimes! Having everything coordintated shaves off SO MUCH TIME!!!! I've got 2 rugrats pounding on my scraproom door every few mintues!!!! I don't have much time to waste going...."does this patterned paper go with this?"...."hmmmmm".....thanks VP for putting together such a great kit!


I used one of my favorite quotes by Amy Tan:
"I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever."

Most items I used were INLCUDED IN the MARCH 2009 KIT purchased from Vintage Plum!

Patterned Papers:
Stella Ruby-Ladies Book Club (Basic Grey)
Office Lingo-Outside the Box (Pink Paislee)

Prism Cardstock:
Razzleberry Dark
Spring Willow Medium
Sunflowers Medium

Embellishments:
Boardwalk-Sea Mist Stickers (October Afternoon)
Family Time Rub-ons (Scenic Route)
Free Bird "My Friend" Die Cut Transparency (My Mind's Eye)
Assorted Buttons (Scenic Route)
2 fibers (Basic Grey)
White Card and White Envelope (Halcraft USA)
Other materials used in this project included -
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inkpads in Creamy Brown and Charcoal
Cricut Cartridge (George Font)
Making Memories Scrapbook Colors in Spotlight
Foam or flat paintbrush
White Signo Gel Pen
Pigma Micron 05 Pen by Sakura
Java Walnut Ink (Antiquing Solution) by Tsukineko
If you have any questions, just leave a comment! I enjoy hearing from you guys! Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Sneaks are up!! heeeee
    And you know I love this layout! :P
    B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR