Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gabe in the Garden

Hello hello hello! So, I got the "Mo"Jo goin' on today!!!! I wanted to enter the weekly contest over at Vintage Plum which is called "Scrap Nature"....so if you are up for the challenge, go over to Vintage Plum, create an account and start struttin' your stuff!

There are so many great people there and AMAZING talent! Very inspirational! Oh! And go blog hopping through the different member blogs!!! It was sooooooo fun discovering new people and their blogs!

I just got a subscription and got the March Kit in the mail! It's called Hill Country. CLICK HERE for a link to the photo and kit contents!

But this post is not about the VP kit....that one will be later...I'm still working on a layout....I'll share later!
For this page, I used mostly items from a paper kit called Bloom & Grow "Bloom" line made by My Mind's Eye. CLICK HERE to see the papers in the kit....warning....you may just fall in LOVE!

I constructed some cute flowers from my Blossoms & Blooms Kit and placed them down the left side of the page so that they looked like they were popping out of the vine design of the patterned paper. The scallop piece was a die cut strip. I used 2 colors of ink to give the distressed look to the layout. I inked the torn edge of the vine paper, the scallop strip, photo mats, journaling blocks, and chipboard piece.

I really enjoyed using the colors in this kit!

Close up of the journaling:
I used a really dark brown Cats Eye chalk ink to ink up the edges of the journaling card (see below for link).


Materials Used:


Jo-Ann Scrap Essentials Chipboard Letters




by Making Memories









Cats Eye Stylus Set by Color box: I used the black/brown ink.





by Stampin' Up!
(light brown ink)





Crop-A-Dile



by EK Success



Orange Peel Cardstock in Olive by Bazzil Basics Paper

Here are photos of my son, Gabe, playing under the sprinkler in the back yard last summer! In the end, he ended up naked....so, of course, I took photos!

I LOVE that the photos were taken at strategic angles.....NOT...nothing strategic about it...I didn't realize how funny these photos were until I saw them later downloaded to my computer! He's gonna hate me when he's older for taking these photos!!!!




I placed my new layout in my super cool frame! I've talked about this awesome frame before. It's by Creative Memories and it holds this 12" x 12" layout. It also comes with these tiny clothespins you can clip onto the "clothesline" located on the lower half of the frame.



Well, that does it! Remember to check out Vintage Plum....it's soooo fun there! Check out the forum because there is so much info there! Keep checking back because there are lots of new things going on there all the time!!!!

2 comments:

  1. haha Yes, he will! lol But, that is freaking awesome! SUch a beautiful page! You said you were putting it in the nature challenge, right?
    :P
    B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR