Saturday, January 31, 2009

HaraJuku Lovers Perfume......LOVE......and a card!


Okay, so I'm a perfume FREAK....meaning, when I go to the store and wander into the perfume section.....and smell a new fragrance....then FALL IN LOVE with it......it's all over! So, I try to stay away and only wander there....when I have money to spend. Now, in the last few years I have done much better....but that's because I have 2 kids now and lots more responsibilites. The funny thing is, since I've been married (going on 7 years), I really haven't bought a bottle of perfume.....but I wear perfume just about every day. AND I still have at least 3 or 4 full bottles of some sort of perfume I haven't started using yet......yes, I have THAT MANY BOTTLES. I took a Macy's gift certificate I had (been sitting in my wallet for nearly 1 year) and excitedly floated through the pefume section. If I had a stop clock to see how long it took me to gravitate towards this bottle......it had to be less than 1 minute!
This bottle is called "Love"....and it comes from a line called HaraJuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani. (Check out the cool website link.....and the super cute video). This specific sent is said to be a "sensuous floral". There are five different scents....(what a great strategy to get you to buy!)! Anyway, the bottles resemble Gwen Stefani and her HaraJuku girls. The website talks about the different fragrances....check it out. It's like collection of little dolls!!!!!! What is HaraJuku? It's the name of the fashion or style.....from Harajuku, Japan. Very cool, VERY different.....and CUTE CUTE CUTE!

So what is the whole point of this?????? I just wanted to say that my adorable bottle of perfume inspired a card creation that I wanted to share!!!!!! Not my usual cardmaking style....which was great! It's hard for me to get out of my crafting comfort zone and doing something different. It was so much fun!

I knew I HAD to bring in the laces from the shoes.....and of course the pink hearts! I didn't have any of the light blue cardstock.....:C so I used the gray instead. I placed 6 black eyelets so I could lace the thin red ribbon through it. I then had to place Stampin' Dimensionals behind it (foam) because I couldn't just glue it down (the eyelets made it impossible for the black cardstock to lay flat...so I popped it up). I wanted stripes in there somewhere, so I had to cut 1/4" strips of gray cardstock and glue it onto the blue cardstock.
I used the Love You Much stamp set once again......colored the heart red and cut it out so I could place some foam behind it and place it on top of the same stamped image. I also punched out a scallop circle and glued it to the back of the image so that it would show through the holes (see below). I added more foam to the back and popped up the whole scallop circle!


I stamped the hearts with Versamark then added white opaque embossing powder and heated it up to get the embossed effect. I then took my coordinating heart punch and punched the hearts out. I couldn't stop using the Stampin' Dimensionals....so these hearts are popped up too!
Here is my cute little HaraJuku girl next to my fun card! I think I will be on the prowl for new perfume bottles to inspire my cardmaking! I'm on a mission! I would LOVE to see other creations inspired by this post!!!!! Just email me or leave a comment with a link to your post/photo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR