Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine Scrapbooking Post #1: An Engagement

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh. A Valentine's Day Wedding!

I've been trying to figure out a way to scrapbook these engagement photos of my brother-in-law Chay and his fiancee Jackie. What makes all these photos even more special is that they were taken by the Groom's brother, Cham (ckaophotogrphy.com).

So, I took the theme of Valentine's Day and used it to come up with the colors for the project: red, pink, white, black, and gray. I also decided to use quotes about Love for each page. I thought the quotes would do well to unite all the pages and become a scrapbook of photos with quotations.

I will be presenting this scrapbook to the bride and groom on their wedding day. The size of the scrapbook pages are 8.5" x 8.5". I'd like to share some of the pages I created.

I needed some inspiration, so I made a trip down to Lasting Memories in Lynnwood, Washington to find some coordinating products. I work fastest and easiest with coordinating papers and embellishments. Then I don't have to look around my scrap room to find specific things. This keeps me focused on the project and gives me direction. I used mostly Making Memories products.......LOVE THEM!
I scrapbooked a combination of color photos and black and white photos. As long as I used either all color photos or all black and white photos on a 2 page spread, the pages worked well together.

Here's the first page of the scrapbook:
I used lots of buttons to add personality and texture to the page. For the first time I used lace cardstock......SO MUCH FUN!!! It was a 12" x 12" page which needed to be trimmed down so that I could use pieces of it on several pages. Here I placed the lace behind the photo. For some reason, I don't use a lot of photo mats...I always end up placing scrap pieces behind the photos. I just love that sort of look.


I placed the photo corners in a spot where one of the curls from the lace cardstock curled over onto the photo corner......I loved the way that looked.
I used LOTS of Love Notes Die-Cut Tags by Making Memories.
The white lace cardstock is by K I Memories called Bloom Frost Lace Cardstock. I can't find a link to this specific item on the K I Memories website (it's probably discontinued).....but I did purchase the lace cardstock at Lasting Memories in Lynnwood, Washington.


I love how the flowers seem to frame this photo! I was drawn to this patterned paper in the store, but wasn't sure how it was going to work with the photos....but I bought it anyway. I think it worked! I thought handwriting the quotes added something personal....a part of me and my love. Isn't it amazing how you can literally wrap up a gift in your love???????


Here's a couple close-up photos of the page.
This very beautiful patterned cardstock is made by S.E.I. It's called Jolie Chocolat "praline". I cut out the section with the flowers and used it on this page. I tried to search shopsei.com for this paper, but couldn't find it so here is another link to a site called Crafty Tart which will show you just how cute this patterned paper is!

The flowers are mostly felt and paper from Making Memories: Blossoms & Buttons "In Bloom". It comes with red, white, and orange felt flowers, some white paper flowers with polka dots, and red, blue and orange buttons.
The white with red polka-dot ribbon is by
American Crafts.

The chipboard embellishments are also from Making Memories called "jigsaw shapes".


Here's a close up so you can see the detail of the flowers and the quote.



Here's another page featuring the S.E.I. paper it's actually another part of the same piece of patterned paper. I used a craft knife to trim out one of the butterfly wings so that it would overlap the photo. TIP: Be sure to use a glass mat to trim, a self healing mat will not glide very well and will result in paper tears.



Once again, I used the Making Memories jigsaw shapes and Love Notes Die-Cut Tags (link above). I really love the softness that the pink adds. Very feminine. Very lovey dovey!
Here I used more lace cadstock by K I Memories but used red instead. This page didn't really need much. I think the beautiful photo and quote say enough. The tag is more of the Making Memories Die-Cuts. I used a white Signo Gel Pen to write the quote.
Again, the photos and quote is all I needed to create the feel I wanted for this page.....love, unity in the intertwined fingers.....romance. The quote reads: "The spaces between your fingers were created so that anther's could fill them in." (Sigh).


A close up of the photo of the bride-to-be. I hope this scrapbook I create can express all the love I want it to. I'm so very happy these two found one another.....and I can't wait for some nieces or nephew to run around.....REAL SOON! I still have a few more pages to create. I will share them when they are done!!!!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I want to make a scrapbook for my boyfriend cause we're making 6 months this february but i dont have any ideas and i dont know how to do one...could you help me?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR