Wednesday, October 13, 2010

home sweet home


Good Wednesday morning to you!!!!  Well, here is my share for my layout for the newest Pink Ninja's prompt...HERITAGE! (Callista...can you see the goodies from the goodie box you gave me?????)

I also used the Kismet/September 2010 kit from Simply Obsessed.

This is a good one!  This is a photo of my family when we lived in Hawaii.  I'll always consider it our home.  We were immigrants from the Philippines, lucky enough to make our way here because dad was in the Navy...and would be for at least 25 years.

I remember the day I became an American Citizen at the young age of 8.  I didn't quite understand what it meant, but I knew it was very important....so that must have been why I recall all the waiting....during the interviewing process....all that time spent kicking stones and dust while outside, standing in lines, baking in the hot sun.....ha ha.

I really wished I could scrap some old photos of my family in the Philippines, but both families had devastating fires which burned up all the old photos....so sad.  I will never see what my great grandmother looked like...the one my mother loved so dearly....makes me sad sometimes.  I won't be able to see a photo of my great grandfather with is "high Spanish nose" as my grandmother used to say.  Apparently he was a handsome man....sigh...would have loved to see pictures....

So, hopefully my grandchildren, great grandchildren and other generations to come will see this layout and know where they came from.


Remember this project?   Well, it's featured at the All About Me Challenge blog today on my class/idea post to help with some inspiration!  Hop on over and give me some love!!!!

While your there, check out the last challenge "The Artist in Me" and think about playing along!  Scrap Freak is this month's sponsor!!!

Thanks for stopping you guys!!!!!

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a secret...............you'll have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Muah,
Mo




11 comments:

  1. Love the LO......what a wonderful story behind it!!! So sorry about the pics!!!!

    I am on my way over to give you some love on your mini!!!

    Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to hear about the secret!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page!!! Love the colors in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo this lo is sooo wonderful! you know i love it. the story behind it is why we do what we all do. We keep our history and that's sooo very important.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is really sad when fire takes away memories!
    i love your layout, though!!
    Have a good week, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great subject to scrap - sorry that you don't have the heritage pics you are longing for :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a bummer about the photos...that is how I felt after our house was robbed... i had a 102 year old picture of my grandfather with the items that were taken :( i loveeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!! The colors are GORGEOUS!!! And yayyyyyyyy for the shout out on your book and can't wait for the news! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhh love the layout Mo!!!

    And come on spill it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and yes, I recognize some of the embellishments. Way to use up that stuff!

    Now spill it girl!! hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great projects, Mo and what a wonderful story! I do know how you feel about the heritage pictures--it is a sad loss.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Yes, so sorry to hear that you have so many photos lost! My mom did not have any photos of her when she was growing up in the Philippines. And she had only one 8x10 photo of her mom and dad's wedding...I dont know where that is! Photos are sooo special! I cherish all the ones I have of my mom and my hubby's parents, especially since they have passed on.

    How long did you live in Hawaii?

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Hope to get caught up on some blog reading. I also wanted to let you know that one of your comments was drawn for one of the 8x10 monogram. Please come by or let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, love that layout! The colors are so pretty together! What a great mini too! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR