Sunday, September 12, 2010

Iron Girl Mo

Today I took a day off to play with my girls at the Aflac Iron Girl Event!
We did the 5K run/walk...fun!

Me and my walking buddy Sherry!
We even got medals!  Ha ha!  Loved it!

On our last mile, we got to talking.....as our stomachs started to growl....where would we go????
And Sherry thought of Patty's Eggnest....yummmmm....Belgian Waffles with Strawberries and cream.....YUUUUUUUUUUM!
WE THEN PICKED UP OUR PACE!!!!

By the end of the day I probably consumed more calories (even minus the calories burned while walking) than if I had just sat at home......
Oh well....it was a BLAST (RIGHT SHER?)!

More photos from the beginning of the week...

My girl on her first day of 2nd grade.  So cute.

The duo....


Extra silly photo.....


To cheer my Gabe up after his sister left for school, I made him some hot chocolate with whip cream....his FAVE!

It helped take his mind off is sadness and boredome!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
What did you do?

Hugs,
Mo

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Mo! Love the first day pics, yum on the breakfast, and yay on the 5K!!!! :) Hope all is well with you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm...I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off... but like you, I probably took in more calories than I got rid of! LOL! Loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Mo!!!!! And that breakfast looks delish! Love the pics of your darling kids! I just posted about my weekend over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you, iron woman! wow! am i losing another friend to the call of the road? we have several (and i mean SEVERAL) full fledged iron man/woman and marathoning friends. it makes me tired just thinking about it, lol. but those waffles, strawberries, and cream look awesome!!!! poor gabe. kins gets bored waiting for kee to come home, too. ;oD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR