Thursday, September 9, 2010

a poetic body

I have been inspired lately by a beautiful blog
that focuses on self, spirituality, motherhood, love and life.

Thanks, Jess for pointing me in this direction.

I have been peeking into the self-portraits that these amazing women have taken.
It's so inspiring, so honest, and so beautiful.
The series is called "Elements of Self".

This specific topic is: poetic bodies
where you photograph your favorite body parts.

I find it so very amazing that, in my thirties, I feel so much more sure of myself.
I know myself.  It's taken many years, and I'm sure I have much more to learn, but I've come so far.
I think it happens with time....and with that hormone surge you get in your thirties helps to add a sort of....glow.  I've grown to appreciate myself, my body, my talents, and accept my flaws.


Though motherhood has taken a toll on my body by stretching it in so many different ways and marking it up with flaws, I still see the beauty in it.
It's amazing how, when you're young...you really don't realize how beautiful your body is.  If I knew then what I knew now....I wonder what kind of trouble I would have gotten into ;)

Thankfully, I've come to a point in my life where I feel beautiful, sexy, confident, and happy with who I am.
Of course, I have my insecurities.  But I focus on my positives.


Oh...no...you don't get to see it in focus.  I still don't feel secure enough to take a clear pic so you get to see this wonderfully blurred photograph!  With the help of picnik.com, I did some shading and dimming....
 
Move over J-Lo, there's a new booty in town!

See the beauty in yourself.

Which part of your body do you love most?

xoxo Mo


BLOGWEAR