Thursday, September 9, 2010

a poetic body

I have been inspired lately by a beautiful blog
that focuses on self, spirituality, motherhood, love and life.

Thanks, Jess for pointing me in this direction.

I have been peeking into the self-portraits that these amazing women have taken.
It's so inspiring, so honest, and so beautiful.
The series is called "Elements of Self".

This specific topic is: poetic bodies
where you photograph your favorite body parts.

I find it so very amazing that, in my thirties, I feel so much more sure of myself.
I know myself.  It's taken many years, and I'm sure I have much more to learn, but I've come so far.
I think it happens with time....and with that hormone surge you get in your thirties helps to add a sort of....glow.  I've grown to appreciate myself, my body, my talents, and accept my flaws.


Though motherhood has taken a toll on my body by stretching it in so many different ways and marking it up with flaws, I still see the beauty in it.
It's amazing how, when you're young...you really don't realize how beautiful your body is.  If I knew then what I knew now....I wonder what kind of trouble I would have gotten into ;)

Thankfully, I've come to a point in my life where I feel beautiful, sexy, confident, and happy with who I am.
Of course, I have my insecurities.  But I focus on my positives.


Oh...no...you don't get to see it in focus.  I still don't feel secure enough to take a clear pic so you get to see this wonderfully blurred photograph!  With the help of picnik.com, I did some shading and dimming....
 
Move over J-Lo, there's a new booty in town!

See the beauty in yourself.

Which part of your body do you love most?

xoxo Mo


9 comments:

  1. OMG I just wrote like a paragraph and then it kicked me off!!! But I said how I just love this post and I'm glad that blog is inspiring you. AND YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! inside and out! Isn't it funny how you become so much more comfortable with yourself and your body when you get older. I think having a little girl helps me too..it makes you realize you should see the beauty in yourself and be a good role model for your daughter. I JUST LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome post Mo!! And hehehehehehe...I have as always said I had a J-lo bootie!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go with these self portraits , hun ! nothing like being comfortable in your skin ! it sure shows ! love the new blog look too ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful eyes! So, you gonna scrap your bootay? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. you go Mo!! Great post and you are a wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAMN, woman! You GO girl!!! You are a HOTTIE!!!!! Woot! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mo!!
    That is one "booty-licious" bottom, in focus or not, you go girl!!!
    You're so adorable! Inside and out!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mo, thank you for stopping by shakti mama and contributing to the self-portrait series! You are beautiful and such confidence in your eyes :).

    I understand what you mean about recognizing beauty when you're older. I feel this way very much, and I love the new appreciation and understanding that comes with motherhood, that comes with loving another being absolutely unconditionally. It has helped me love ME unconditionally, Lol.

    You are beautiful, and your writing here is so heartfelt, I love it.

    Much love and peace to you ...

    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  9. dang ~ thats a nice ass mo!!!!
    {xoxo}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR