Thursday, June 10, 2010

How Lucky Am I...


How I've missed STP!  Challenge 17 is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
This is only part of the poem:

But soon again the boy came back and he said to the tree,
"I’m now a man and I must have a house that’s all my home."
"I can’t give you a house" he said, "The forest is my house."
"But you may cut my branches off and build yourself a home"

And so he did.
Oh, the tree was happy.
Oh, the tree was glad.

And time went by and the boy came back with sadness in his eyes.
"My life has turned so cold," he says, "and I need sunny days."
"I’ve nothing but my trunk," he says, "But you can cut it down
And build yourself a boat and sail away."

And so he did and
Oh, the tree was happy.
Oh, the tree was glad....


This poem reminds me of how selfless and giving my parents are.  I am so blessed in so many ways.  I can't say that my parent's childhood was that happy but then again, they probably disagree.  They lived without (in poverty) as children and worked for everything they have now.  I feel like a brat sometimes when I begin to feel sorry  for myself for whatever reason be it financial reasons, not being able to see my husband because he works a lot, how hard it is to be a Mom and stay sane...etc

They will give and give anything they have until they have no more....and even then would still find something to give.  They would never ever think twice about it nor ask anything or expect anything in return.  They are MY giving tree.

(It's not that awesome, but I took that pic in Hawaii by basically laying on the ground...ha ha).  If my camera wasn't so crappy, I could have focused it a bit and had a really great pic even with a point and shoot camera, but this was as good as it was gonna get even after some enhancing on Photoshop Elements.)

I tucked the poem in that little envelope I have on the side.  I wanted to have all that white space and didn't want the journaling to take away from that effect.  And I love that palm tree in the photo.

I love my Mommy and Daddy.....

What do you think of when you think of a Giving Tree?

Hugs,
Mo

17 comments:

  1. you have an awesome family Mo!! And I love that layout!

    Hey! I see sunshine outside! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MO, I love this post sooo much and that layout is gorgeous!! I love the pic:):) I feel the exact same way about my parents. They've really been through a lot in their lives, but they always did w/o for us to have stuff...and I feel like Anthony and I are doing that a little now...makes me really realize what they went through...and they had it worse than us!! Love this! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful LO...I love the pic and all the papers......PERFECT!!!

    What a heart warming story!!! You do have wonderful parents and are truly blessed!!!

    Smiles!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a fantastic LO - love the pic too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is just gorgeous!! I love everything about it and your post moved me! I feel teh same way too about my parents.

    Its great you've been able to play along with us at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so blessed to still have both your parents. My mom and dad have always been there for us no matter what it was for, my dad has since passed but I was blessed to have him until I was 33. I am wishing both your parents much health so that they may continue to enjoy you, your siblings and your family!
    Now that I got all sappy....let me brighten it up ;)
    Thi is one beautiful, bright, joyful page!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!!
    (((((BIG hugs))))) me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just darling! I love the picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a truly beautiful and touching layout Mo!!! We are so glad you could play along with us again!!!! WE love you too! I too have parents like that and appreciate them the way you do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet, touching layout, photo and story! How wonderful that you feel that way about your parents and that they are that way! It's awesome to see you playing along with us at STP again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMYGOSH!!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this sooooooooooooooo much!!! WOW WOW WOW!! And I think the picture is PERFECT!! I loveeeeeeeee that U used their loving example for this poem!! !PERFECTION! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolutely fabulous LO Mo! I loe everything about it! Thanks for joining in with this month's challenge.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Great page for the STP challenge, you are blessed to have such 'giving' parents. You obviously give them back a lot of love and enjoyment. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful picture and layout! Your parents are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is exactly what the poem made me think about. Parents are so selfless aren't they? I am sure your kids would say the same about you!!
    I love the cute little envelope - what a great idea to keep the LO simple.
    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey you! You need to stop by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. me loves my mommy and daddy too...

    i LOVE this post. it makes me smile. seriously, it's always a good thing to blog and scrap about what we are thankful for.

    love the details to this one. the stickers look great!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that photo is FANTASTIC! I love the way it came out. GREAT layout, too! I'm so glad you played along with us on STP!!!! HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR