Saturday, April 17, 2010

Farewell Diego My Sweet....



Today we lost our baby Diego.  He didn't seem too sick at first and then it went downhill fast.
We're thankful he didn't seem to be in pain.



We lost him right when Krystal (my sis/his Mommy) reached the hospital.
She brought him home.



It was amazing how many family and friends gathered to say goodbye.
We buried him in the backyard next to the corner tree so we can visit whenever we wish.



I'll miss the way he'd prance around on three legs (we never figured out why he walked this way).  I'll miss his "leave me alone" growl.  I'll miss how he loved to cuddle right next to me and everyone else.  And I'll miss how he ALWAYS seemed to pose for the camera.


Krystal is okay.  We all said goodbye and that helped.



These things come in threes....there are other things going on right now I wish to keep private for my family.
I hope the storm is over...or at least eases up a little which will allow us to recover a little before the next blow.  All I can say is there will be changes on the horizon and life as we know it will shift a little.  I've enjoyed the peace so far and hope it will return.

I am reminded about the strength of family and that we can make it as long as we're together.  I am reminded of my Faith and to keep strong in prayer.  I am reminded that I must cherish everyone and to live in the moment.  Lord, I'm listening.  I trust that we will emerge stronger than we were...

Continue to live in the moment everyone.

Kisses to you my baby Diego.  We were blessed to have you for the short time you were on earth.
Until we meet again. Love Auntie Mo.


11 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear the news of Diego.
    Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie.. I am so sorry for the Loss of Diego....I am glad that you had time to say goodbye...but it is so difficult!!!

    I will be praying for some peace for the family...I am so sorry that you are going through turmoil at this point!!! Keep that Faith strong and remember God knows what is best for us...even if it feels so difficult!!!

    Hugs to you sweet friend!!!! I hold you close in my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( I'm so sad for you and sorry. It's so hard to lose a furry family member. Hoping peace and wisdom for you going forward. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your fanilie's loss, it's funny how we can love a pet so much, so mch that they are just like family...shoo, sometimes they are better than some people in our family ; )
    As for the other private burden, I pray that it passes fast and on the upside make you all stronger persons.
    Wishing you a peaceful Sunday.
    (((((BIG hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss... your post made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* rip diego!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo sorry for your loss Mo!!! U are in my prayers for all the other things that are happening with your family right now too.... love ya girl... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm sorry to hear about your loss. thinking about you and sending tons of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. o Mo !!!

    So very sorry for you loss !!!

    I just heard this today - & hard as it is to digest at times like these -

    Setbacks are set-ups ! Better days are ahead inspite of everything ! Keep on keeping on !

    big hugs my friend ,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo =(( lots of hugs your way. some sad times =(
    I'll be praying for you, keep your eyes up sweet Mo
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, mo, i'm so sorry for your loss! my pups are as equal a part of my family as my kids. it's so unfair that they can only be with us for such a short time. my thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss. HUGS!!! lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR