Thursday, March 18, 2010

Miss Mo's Wake Up Potion!


I love this layout...I LOOOOOOVE this layout...I luv THIS layout!

It's my FAVE drink!  Yummmmm!

TAAFOMFT prompt is Favorite Drink!  Well, I have MANY...



I'm not sure if you guys notice...but every so often...I bring in a piece of Hawaii into my layouts!  I used that cute hibiscus (the flower) and those journaling squares by Sassafras and that Sass printed paper....aaaaahhhh...HOME!

I SERIOUSLY created this layout with scraps in plain sight!  I'm not sure if I admitted this, but my scrap table is usually a MESS with odds and ends strewn about.  Things out of packages, pieces of torn paper and leftover scraps are ALMOST ALWAYS covering my scrap table and floors.  Gabe and Bel frequently play with buttons and leave them on the floor....and usually I just let it be!

I was feeling VERY creative so I took this old cardstock I had FOREVER and decided...I'm going to make a layout using this.  Then I looked over my messy table and pulled pieces here and there and put them together....VIOLA!

Have you ever done that?

I added the letters later to match but other than that, these scrappity scraps were an arm length away!  Ha ha....cool.

I got the cool idea about cutting your own scallop border freehand (from the Scrap Freak guru Bree -if I'm not mistaken)!  See!  It's so imperfect and yet....PERFECT!  I love it.



I'm dragging all morning long without my cup of coffee at work!  It's soo rough when there is a line-up at the Walk-In Clinic BEFORE we open!  Ugh....cuz then I KNOW I won't be getting my coffee until later in the day!

I make my Faux Starbucks...aka..."poor man's" French Vanilla Soy Latte!  Yummy!

I take my SILK (only this brand) Vanilla soy milk and add some French Vanilla syrup and a pack of that Starbucks instant coffee....yes....I said INSTANT....and ta da!

Another version is using Silk Extra Vanilla Soy Milk (the purple carton) and the Starbucks instant coffee...and done...you don't have to add any extra flavor!  You could also use your coffee maker and use a BUNCH of coffee with much less water than normal (to make it concentrated) and you can set your coffee maker to a slower brew time....ta da!


And see those tags on the side?  I just put pretty pieces of printed paper and tucked them in.  They pull out and I can write stuff on them...but I haven't yet...maybe I'll write the "recipes" I just shared with you above!

And YES....I admit it...I have a.....FASTENATER!  LOL!  I used that bad boy real good...ooh...that sounds dirty!

What's YOUR fave drink?  If you haven't already, play along!


NOW, it's time for.....

Spotlight on Handmade!

So, for my bday, I bought myself this GORGEOUS NECKLACE made by the beautiful Calia who is one of the FIRST people I met when I started meeting scrappers online a little over a year ago!




Calia, it's soooooo beautiful!  I adore it!  It's sooooooooo me!

You should check out the other goodies on her Spiderlily blog and BE SURE to join her Facebook Fan Page cuz you can see all the photos of her goods!

And when my pocketbook allows, I'd like to have these felt flowers.....


and these distressed tags!

Beautiful work Miss Calia!  You are sooooo talented girlie!  LOVE YOU!

Hope you enjoyed the eye candy again!  Stay tuned, I have more!

Hugs,
Mo

16 comments:

  1. LOVE your drink lo!!!! it's always fun when you can use stuff you just have laying around and put together some mad art!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally luv your layout!!!...love all the odds and ends...and i can totally relate because my table looks the same..a crazy beautiful mess!!!...and i'm so craving sbux right now..but like yourself i'm making poor mans coffee..not the same :-(..have a good day miss mo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww love!! thanks for the link back and pluggin' Spider Lily in. ^_^ *hugs* glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That layout is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors on it, and all the pieces thrown together....so beautiful. This might be a new fave of yours:) beautiful necklace....do you know how good that would go with my new dress??? Such cute stuff! Have a great week!! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout, too! The colors are beautiful, and I love all the little details. Gorgeous! And I love your handmade spotlights - so fun to read :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Miss Mo....I LOVE THIS LO toooooo!!! It is PERFECT in every way!!!

    I love all the little details and the colors do happy and fun!!

    Wishing you a great day..

    I completed the LO for you for Pink Ninjas and it will post tomorrow!!!

    I had such fun playing with this challenge...

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page is awesome, Mo!!! I can see why you love it! And thanks for the Spider Lily link. I love her flowers, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic LO - love that you used mostly scraps :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun layout, love the buttons and crepe paper! That necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the buttons! And I love coffee too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMYGOSH!!!! I am IN LOVE with this LO too!!!!! HOLY SMOKES MO!!!! U always amaze me!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love the crepe paper!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This l/o is FAB U LOUS! I could make layouts for DAYS with all the stuff just laying around in my scraproom right now. Hoping to get in there today to clean it out. Love the crepe paper. I've not done that yet but now I'm inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Miss Mo- you're a girl after my own heart. I love Starbuck's vanilla soy lattes, yummmmmmmm~ and you rocked the layout AGAIN! Love ALL your pretty details, you are definitely NiNjA material! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  14. just love your beverage layout - I can so totally relate. thanks for sharing all the details of how you made it - I love the crepe paper squares! thanks for playing along with us at TAAFOMFT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow...I just LOVE your layout!
    Loving the colors and all of the embellies!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fave Things!!
    Thanks for the eyecandy..love it!And your necklace is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your layout too!!!
    GREAT embellies, GREAT design!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR