Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Moving On...


I am LOVING these "Me" pages I've been doing.  And I am so very HONORED to be on All About Me's Design Team inspiring others to remember that scrapping about yourself is important.

YOU are the one scrapping and passion on the memories and stories to others.  The story is in YOUR words and EXPRESSION through the art we call scrapbooking.  But to tell THE WHOLE story, someone needs to understand the person behind the creations.




I created the title by using a gel pen to handwrite it.  I layered some FUN Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Stickles by Ranger to give it a clear, icy look.

I've been reminding myself to USE MY STAMPS...so I used some swirly stamps to fancy up the title and went back in with my white gel pen to jazz the swirlies up!

I also played with my liquid pearls by Ranger.




The challenge is to use this quote as inspiration for your layout:
"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

I wrote about my experiences in my early Nursing career.  It WAS ROUGH, to say the least.  Here's the story in the journaling:

"Fresh out of Nursing School, I was doing what I'd dreamed I'd do.  It was SUCH a difficult start for me...so much so that others made me doubt myself and my purpose in life.  They put me down and became obstacles rather than supports.  And I didn't know enough then to be angry and fight for myself.  When I realized that I HATED to get up and go to work & counted down the hours till it was over, I knew I had to make a change.  In a career which eats it's young alive, I REFUSE!  I'd rather build someone up, than tear them down!"



I ended up quitting my job working on the Cardiothoracic Surgical floor and working for a different employer with a different philosophy.  I should have known when I found out the place I used to work was nicknamed "The Hellhole" by nurses around Washington State.  Ugh.

I may go back one day, because it really was an exciting place to be and something I'd like to try again now that I have MORE years and more FIGHT in me!

Oh!  And I used some embelly goodies in my creation!

Here's a SPOTLIGHT on Handmade Goodies!!!!


Have you guys seen London's Etsy shop called Such Sweet Tierney?  I think I stumbled across it when she had her DT call and BOY WAS I HAPPY I found this place!  She makes the coolest high quality handmade chipboard epoxy buttons (and some other cool stuff)!  And I LOVE that she is a Washingtonian just like me!

I got a BUNCH of em!  Like these BEAUTIFUL BABIES!


AND THESE SOPHISTICATED LADIES:

Shipping was quick and everything was packaged so beautifully and professionally!  WOW!

And her blog is TOO COOL!

So check this lady out...she's uber cool!
Oh!  And you'll catch the TALENTED Pearl there on the DT...she's so awesome!

Hope you enjoyed the fun eye candy!

Play at AAM with me!!!!!  There's a prize...but I don't know what it is...maybe it's up now...hmmmm....but the layout you create is prize enough...right????

Okay, so I'll share a couple photos from last night (My bday dinner at Mom's).

Me and my babies...and my cold sore!  Yuck!  Since LAST WEEK I've been slathering ointment and moisturizer on my "new friend"...er...actually enemy!  Not looking too horrible a week out, right?  (Yes...PLEASE LIE TO ME!)


We had Pancit Palabok...hmmmm...not quite sure how to explain this Filipino Dish: noodles and chicken and egg..that's the best explaining I can do.  And chocolate cake!  Yumm!



Can you guess how old?


Hugs,
Mo

14 comments:

  1. I know how old you are from our Scrapfreak poll, so I won't spoil it for the rest of the people!

    I love that page, Mo!! Just love it! Stunning design work and love the journaling. Great story, too. (You go, girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic story to scrap about and a beautiful page :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're FOUR! I see FOUR candles! :-D Your layout is AMAZING! Love the journaling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning page, Mo--great journaling too! Happy belated Birthday, and I'm sure you're not a day over 21 ;D
    xoxo-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. your "fr-enemy" doesn't look bad at all. trust me, i've had worse... but don't think i have diseases or anything! hehe. :)

    ummmm and for palabok.... you forgot to write that it has a shrimpy taste and it's orange... and it's just good in general! yum! i want some of that!!!

    btw, i used one of the stamps you sent... can't post it yet tho. ;) hehe.

    happy st. patty's day, my filipina friend!

    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are such a cutie!!!! Love the LO...good for you doing one about you and I am off to check out that site!!!

    I know what you mean about the nursing career....my poor Danielle works the 7 pm to 7 am shift delivering babies....but man she works her tail off and it is taking it's toll on her health!!!

    Wishing you a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout and what cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful as always! :D Gorgeous layout and you're right, those buttons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. silly girl....u recently did a lo on the year of your birth...lol...so i know and won't spoil it for others!! lol!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!! it is simply amazing and my new fave mo lo!!!!! loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!! and that journaling is touching....i am glad that all is good for u now! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) and i have seen those buttons before on sharmaine's blog..they are amazing! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, Happy Birthday Girl!! You look to be a very happy age!!!

    Your layout is just gorgeous and heartfelt! So cool that we can come out of something that was so bad, to be better than ever!!!

    Cool bling too!!!!!

    Thanks for all that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow ! wow ! wow ! on this AAM layout girl ! love the colors & the titlework ! its RAD !!! love the story behind it too !


    & that you added Such Sweet Tierney buttons ! they are gorgeous !!!

    I am soo lucky !!!
    & i didnt miss that little link to me ! aw shucks ! thank you soo much , grrll!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout and journaling. So wonderful!

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is STUNNING!!!!!!! I know I've told you before but I LOVE that you pour your heart out into your pages AND you share with us. Because we're all voyeurs, right? Hope you have an awesome birthday! Let's see, I see 4 candles so I'm going to say you're 24. That's sounds like a good number, eh? Maybe I'm going to say I AM 24!!!! LOL. OMG, so gonna have to check out those gorgous epoxy buttons. Yummy!! Hugs, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! Mo, what a great page and story, my mom was a nurse She just retired 2 years ago after 52 years, she started when she was 18 and she told us some very similar stories. She also work at a Psych. hospital. I love your page and the pic. is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR