Sunday, February 21, 2010

all about mo....well....almost


As I was contemplating my page about my personality, I suddenly felt the urge to use the Sketchy Thursdays sketch!  I loved the circles and realized I could put the journaling in them.  I balanced the busy papers with the simple design and I was happy with the way this turned out.  And...okay...so my hot pink was sooooo dang hot....it's red! LOL!

You might be able to tell, that I am not satisfied with simplicity.  I love seeing it in other layouts, but I cannot seem to make it ooze out of my work! Though, the sketch employed lots of white space, I COULD NOT leave it wasted...without expression!  My hands and eyes wouldn't let me!  Weird huh?  My personality comes out in my work....most of the time....unless I'm feeling mysterious....

You might not have noticed this, but though I blog and blog and "talk" and "talk"...the expression is non-verbal.  In person, I'm more middle-of-the road when it comes to my presence.  I'm neither too chatty or too quiet...it all brews inside...THAT'S where I have A LOT to say and it surfaces through art...if it surfaces at all.

I'm really enjoying these "Me" pages I've been working on!  I've got two more I created in the last two days!  You'll see em....

Oh, this Sketchy Thursdays sketch just happens to be for the Guest DT spot for March.....just going with the flow.  I felt...so I acted!  I'm SUCH A PISCES!

Here's what I've got in the journaling circles!  Again, LOVE the sketch!!!  I've got some negatives as well as positives in the mix here...

  • living in the here and now
  • sensing
  • feeling
  • impulsive
  • trusts gut feelings
  • risk-taker
  • somewhat haphazard
  • NOT a planner or preparer
  • easily adapts to surroundings
  • I prefer to feel the pulse of life by touch, in the muscles, in the eyes, in the ears on the tongue...
  • open to new experiences
  • hates to be confined
  • sometimes charming and ingratiating, sometimes aloof and detached
  • neither particularly social or reserved
  • escapist
  • idealistic
  • secretive
  • vague
  • weak-willed
  • easily led
  • communicates through action rather than words
  • tend to consider the feelings of others
  • seized by the act of artistic composition, caught up in a whirlwind
  • daydreamer
  • calm, even in tense situations (usually...unless you PISS ME OFF!)
  • imaginative and sensitive
  • compassionate and kind
  • gentle
  • go with the flow
I'm mostly cheery when you see me.  But ask me a direct question like "How's the day going?" and I can't help but say what I feel despite making things seem more congruent to my actions...which is weird to people.  I think it's just that I'm positive and cheery for the most part....even on a real sucky kind of day.  Make sense?

Anyway, I can chat all day so I'll stop here.  I'm now in the mood to do a layout more related to my astrological sign.  Hmmmmmm.....

Anything exciting going on this week for you?

Hugs,
Mo

11 comments:

  1. wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww mo!! this is amazing!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo of u and the journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you!!! I love this page and all the colors. I feel ya on the simplicity thing, I try to keep it simple and yet fail at it every time :D :D :D for some reason my hands take full control and next thing I know I have slapped on a bunch of things on my page :)
    Can't wait to see yout other pages. Have a fabulous week my dear! (((((BIG hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahoooooo yay for Pisces! when's your bday?! you better let me know! ;)

    i love your list -- we have so much in common. it must be march bdays that make us similar.... well, besides the fact that we are both filipinas that love to scrap! haha. :)

    LOVE the circles. great take on that sketch btw. it rocks!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I really like the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love how you made the sketch your own! Such a fab AAM page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this Mo!! So cool!!! And yes, you're pink is hot hot hot (red)!!! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous layout! I love the journaling circles. Thanks for sharing yourself with us! :D

    Nothing exciting on my end, still working on swap stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Love this page, it totally rocks, just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE AMAZING!!! and so is that gorgeous layout! love it so much!!! awesome writing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mo...this is sooooo perfect!!! I love the colors..the circles and the journaling....thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic page about you - i have a hard time leaving white space too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR