Thursday, January 28, 2010

You Are My Sunshine



Any of my Vintage Plum members remember this kit?  Yes....I've been hoarding it!  I finally busted this baby open and used it!  Sigggghhhh.....I miss VP :(  Jenny had some kits up for sale at their Etsy site but I don't see anything there anymore.  So if you really want one, send her a convo and she just might have some and never renewed the listings on them!  They were on sale for a good price.  HERE is the link to Vintage Plum's Etsy.



The only items I used NOT in the kit are the distress ink and crackle paint (Ranger)!

This layout is my entry for the latest All About Me prompt  #10 The Soundtrack of Your Life.
I also incorporated some distressing to qualify if for one of my JSYS Challenges on Scrap Freak.
So far I've finished 18 challenges since the 1st of January!!!  (They have daily challenges.)

I chose this song for two reasons.  My sister Emmy gave me this beautiful music box which played that song when you open it.  I was going through a rough time after a break up (yeeeeaaaaarrrrrrs ago...like nearly 15 years ago)...oh yeah...I thought my life was ending...he he!  But it touched my heart and I still have it...somewhere.

Then, when I had my kids, I'd sing this song to them every so often.  It's a happy song...and a heartfelt one....and my kids love to sing it with me.  The lyrics say it all.  They are my sunshine and the reason I'm in this world.  They make me smile when I'm sad and GET me to smile when I'm angry...especially at them.



I had a brush with death a few years ago where I survived a roll over car accident on the freeway....I hit the concrete barrier and survived....WITHOUT A SCRATCH ON ME.  The story about the accident is long and makes me angry (because the driver at fault fled the scene)....but they will "get theirs" one day, if not already.

But I remember right before I hit the barrier, I thought "Oh my God, I'm going to die."  I didn't really have that "life flashing before my eyes" thing happen (I was only 24 or so)...I just held my breath and HOPED I survived....I kinda giggle now that I think about it....because I still do that when something happens and I'm on the edge...waiting.....and boom, it's done and you think "COOL!"....HA HA.



The point I'm trying to make is....I get why I survived.  I still had things to do.  And only 2 months later I met Hubbs....fell in love....and 2 years later my Isabel was born!  Then Gabe came along 4 years later.  This is what life is.  I'm lucky to have so much happiness in mine.

The photos I used were taken at the time of one of my friend's wedding.  I was a bridesmaid but Gabe was only 3 weeks old.  The photographer was sneaking about taking photos and saw me as a GREAT TARGET....he he...he was right!  I bought a bunch of these photos later.....sneaky guy!  But what a blessing to have these photos which are so precious to me (SHOOT!  I just realized I scrapped the ORIGINALS!....sigh....I'm such a dope sometimes!)  Ugh!  Oh man!  I just realized I never put the dot on the "I" in the title...he he..what is UP with me????

Oh well....it'll work out.  Maybe "dude" still has a digital copy somewhere for me to beg off of him!



Yesterday I went to the mall to exchange some clothes...apparently my ass grew over the Holidays and didn't tell me.

I bribe my son all the time!  I told him I only had 2 stores to go to.  If he can be as well-behaved as he could  he would get a chocolate milk or hot chocolate from Starbucks.  He did well!



Here is my Monster posing with his milk.  He's in this goofy pose phase.
He had an AWESOME time at this fountain because by some sheer luck, I had about 25 pennies in my purse he could throw in the fountain/pool!  Yay for me!  THAT gave me enough time to make sure the prissy girl from Forever 21 processed my exchanges correctly (ATTITUDE!).  I wish I was more bi***y, cuz then she'd get a piece of my mind.  Telling me "Did you try them on this time?"....I woulda REALLY said "BI**H, YOU try TOTING around a THREE-YEAR-OLD and see how many clothes YOU are able to F*@$#&%! try on!  You're lucky I'm droppin' $200 bones in your effing store!"  But no.  I bit my tongue, and said my please and thank-yous and left.  He he.  I don't think they realize how many OTHER "Forever 21-ey" type stores there are in the mall these days....I'll have to exercise my spending habit ELSEWHERE next time.  So...for you Washington folk.....that was FOREVER 21 at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood.  A NO-GO!  I shoulda known after passing 4 employees and not getting ONE greeting (I was the only person in the store) that my experience that day would be underwhelming.



Anyway, I snapped  a photo of the fountain.  My fear is...one day, I'll turn away for a second and Gabe will have fallen in the dang fountain!  He he!  Just watch!



See...all he'd have to do is bend over too far!  LOL!
Well, that's it for today!
Gabe says "See you way-toe!"
Hope you have a great rest of the week everyone!  Thanks for visting!!!

Love,
Mo

14 comments:

  1. I miss VP!! :o(

    I love this LO! The photos are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is an amazing story about your brush with death. I'm glad you're still here! Beautiful layout! I remember Vintage Plum, sad they are gone! And you look pretty damn good in that bridemaid dress considering you just gave birth! LoL at your ass comment, yea, I know- it happens to us all girl!!- And you should have told off that chick at Forevever 21! She was probably just jealous of you cuz you're lookin' good and she ain't!!! lol

    Have a great day! xOxO deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO...just a PERFECT song!!!! Wow..that was a life altering accident and yes, see there were major plans for you!!!

    Love the story about Forever 21...what ever happened to customer service...just a bit of kindness goes a long way!!

    Love your little man...he is soooooo cute!!!

    Wishing you a Fabulous weekend sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such sweet pics and totally love the layout! so glad you survived the accident!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i swear the employees at forever 21 are (a) always under 21 (b) taught to ignore you (c) only hired if they are super duper Bee-otches LOL :D

    great LO :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout, my mom used to sing that song to me when I was little! What a wreck to survive, God definitely had a plan for you, wow!

    Gabe is the absolute cutest ever!!! I so want to see how you scrap these milk fountain pics! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that crackle finish on that bird!
    I am also so glad you are still here and that we "met".
    Gorgeous layout babe!
    TGIF tomorrow!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you more than survived that car accident at 24 ,Mo!!! You sure have a destiny ! ;)

    Fab layout too for the challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  9. your little monster is way too adorable!!! :) love those pics!

    and the bird on your lo looks awesome! i need to try that... now if i could only find the time! haha.

    it feels so glad to be home... :)

    hope you are well!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowwwwwwwwwwww the lo is gorgeous and your story is amazing...and hehehehehehehehe...u and i need to shop together....cuz julie isn't soooooooooooooo nice....i would sooooooooooooooo be your bit**y voice!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your layout made me sooo happy!!! thanks for playing along with us over at AAM!!!

    janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout and pictures are gorgeous and your story is heart warming. Thank you so much for sharing that story with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR