Friday, January 29, 2010

The Journey


Hello my friends!  Thanks for visiting me today!
I've got another layout to share!
Some of you might know I've been scrappin' up a storm lately.


I used the September 2009 Simply Obsessed Kit (the one I've been hoarding) for this layout.  I LOVE this kit because of all the BEAUTIFUL Bo Bunny printed papers!  I love all these colors together!

I also played with my stamps and Distressing Inks as well as some gold UTEE!!!  Soooo fun!  I took my stamp and inked up the trunk of the tree with Vintage Photo, the leaves with that green ink (can't remember what it's called), and touched the edges of the leaves with broken china.  Didn't it turn out awesome?  I then went in with my glittery stickles and placed dots here and there....too bad you can't see this IRL...the tree is pretty blingy!

I then took a piece of scrap white cardstock and inked it up with some more distressing ink (fired brick).  Next, I inked up my stamp with embossing ink and sprinkled the gold UTEE on it and quickly heat embossed it.  Because I used the Ultra Think Embossing Enamel, the effect is different and there was some beading...which is what I wanted.  The stamped image becomes distorted, but I love the feel of it after it's done!



 I used the current prompt at Scrap That Poetry using the poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.  The journaling consists of part of this poem:

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."



This layout expresses the long journey through life.  I know how lucky I am to share it with these three.  I am truly blessed.  Even though family a joy, it is also a sacrifice.  Like many of you, there are other things in life I have to spend less or no time doing/experiencing (scrapbooking, going to movies/hanging out, freedom to make decisions that affect only one person, spending money freely, going on trips...partying...etc).  But the sacrifice is well worth it all.  I cannot imagine life without these three.  We are all on a the journey called life and I am honored to be a part of theirs.  I love The Ogre and my Monsters!!!!  He he....

Oh!  I wanted to mention also that I recently got this idea of hand cutting your own scallop border from one of the JSYS Challenges at Scrap Freak!  I've used it lots of times in the last week or so...on cards....on a few layouts and I LOVE how IMPERFECT it looks!!!!  Can you see it in the photo above?  So fun!

Okay, I've started on a mini book for my Mom for Valentines Day...I don't think she reads my blog...so I'll tell YOU!  I'll be sharing some pages as I go but I've got a stretch of 4 more days to work before I have a couple days of scrap time at home!  I'll work on the MOTW post for Sunday!  See you then...maybe sooner if Mommyhood doesn't tire me out too much over the weekend!

Hugs,
Mo

17 comments:

  1. Love this one Maureen....so full of beautiful colors and detail...love the stamping and embossing!!

    Truly brought a smile to my face!!

    Have a great weekend filled with smiles..

    xo
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift idea for your mom! Can't wait to see it!

    Your layering on this lo is perfect, I love the inking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this lo mo!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the layers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Lo is sooo cool!! I love the colors and layering!!! Beautiful girl!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic embossing - gorgeous LO :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolute lovely layout... I love all your details, the story, everything! Thanks for playing along with us again at Scrap That Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors! I love the stamping and inking and blinging (is that a word?). So so pretty :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I LOVE the embossing! thanks for playing with STP :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. is that all bo bunny paper? hmmm, i'm liking that kit....

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeouness, Mo! Love the colors and all the detail and great techniques you used!
    xoxo-Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful layout!! love all the work you put into it!! Thanks for playing along with us at STP!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the technique work on this one! And the colors are fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap That Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout!!! Love these colors and your embellies:) Thanks for playing at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. girl, that is soo gorgeous! i love the textures and colors.
    i hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my... this is gorgeous! love the colors, details, textures... so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR