Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pay Attention!


Here's my layout for the 1-7-2010 Sketchy Thursdays Challenge!  I loved how this turned out!

I ALSO used prompt #5 at Point Blank Period.  I chose to speak about a decision I made for 2010 and that's to Pay Attention to my babies.  I mean, REALLY pay attention.  Hold them more, spend one-on-one time with them more and just shoot-the-breeze more!  I really need to make it a point to spend quality time with them...because I am reminded by MANY parents that time goes so fast and in a blink of an eye, you could miss it.  I don't want to miss too much!



I'm enjoying all these "resolutions" type prompts at all the challenge blogs!  I'm really trying hard to do different resolutions for different challenges!  For this particular layout, I used the Monstrosity line by Sassafras because I love to call my kids "MONSTERS"!  They're cute ones though!



Here's the journaling.  My kids are HUG FREAKS!  They love to hug and kiss...to the point where I'm like "okay, time to do other things".  I know one day I'll miss it all soooo much.  Especially when that day comes when they will be too embarrassed to hug and kiss their Mommy.



I played with these cute turquoise shell buttons I got at the craft store.  I got a whole stinkin' package and I LOVE IT!!!!

(for a supply list CLICK HERE)

I love this photo of Gabe taken on his birthday where he is chomping down on this HUGE lollipop!  I kept saying, "You better enjoy this kid!" because I let him eat as much of it as he wanted!
The other picture is a photo I took of Isabel during spirit week at her school.  This particular day was "western" day so we hunted around the house for items she could wear.  Luckily, I had this shirt that fit her and it went so well with the rest of her outfit!  She was so happy she got to dress up.  I felt bad because we missed a couple fun days like "crazy hair day" and "sports jersey day" which she really wanted to do...but....what can I say...I FORGOT!!!

This year I plan on doing LESS forgetting and MORE remembering!!!
TIME TO PAY ATTENTION!

There's still time to play along with the 2 prompts!!!  Check out the linky links and spend some crafty time with yourself!

Hugs,
Mo

14 comments:

  1. Oh, man I forgot about point blank.. I've just had so much on my mind! I am gonna get in on the ST challenge definitely!! I just submitted mine today for the FEB GDT challenge. I love your layout! Especially all that Sass. Oh, hugs and kisses are my fave thing to do and the kids love it too...I never get tired of it! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo, I think that's a FAB resolution! It DOES go by in a blink of an eye! Love the layout, very playful, just like the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mo....I adore this LO...so much detail...the journaling just Perfect and the pics...I LOVE!!!!

    How true is this and I think it is a wonderful goal!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the LO, you are right... the day will come when they will be embarrassed to hug you around friends. I remember when my Son was about 10 I was taking him to School one day and he said "Mom can you Kiss me goodbye now." HA! We were about a block from his school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is so awesome and so true! I'm trying to catch all of the moments with my Toot. Love those suckers! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH what a FUN layout!!! Love all the details you added!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mo!!! i love love love the lo!!!! soooooooooooooooo true!!! love the photos and loving the misting! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Mo, this is one fabulous layout! Your resolution is similar to part of mine - my OLW is "relax" which refers not to "vacationing" but to relax how much I stress about the things that aren't truly important and focus on those that are that I've been ignoring too much - such as paying attention to my kids. I am so glad we got to be friends this year and I love that you play along with Sketchy Thursdays!!!!! - Heidi (Sketchy Thursdays)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this lo - great journalling, great misting, great reminder :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool layout! Great misting. Love the Sassafras monsters. I really like that you made a LO about your great goal for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE how this turned out too! :) GORGEOUS! :) the misting and all of that sass makes everything pop! :)

    hope you have a fantastic week!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, and I love the mist on patterned paper, it worked out so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you did with the buttons! Fantastic layout!

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR