Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hope


Remember how I got all those 2 Peas goodies from Hubby?  Well, I put them to good use with this layout!  FUN!
I did some distressing and inking and painting and playing!


To the right, i used a rub on.  I love that beautiful brown color!  I then layered some of that clear glue over it so that when it dries it has a shiny epoxy layer.
This layout was created using the awesome 12-31-09 sketch at Sketchy Thursdays AND the poem Hope by Emily Dickinson which is Challenge #7 at Scrap That Poetry!

Here's the poem:
Hope
by Emily Dickenson
Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul,
and sings the tune - without the words,
and never stops at all,
and sweetest in the gale is heard;
and sore must be the storm
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
and on the strangest sea;
Yet, never in extremity,
it asked a crumb of me.

I used the photo also as a pocket and tucked this library card behind it which I had distressed using my inks and Distressed Stickles (Vintage Photo)!

I used a picture taken in 2004 of Isabel and my two cutie patootie cousins.  Look at my sleeping Bel, isn't she so adorable?

I used some Dimensional Pearls by Ranger here to layer onto the chipboard...GORGEOUS!  You can also see the crackle paint I used behind the title for texture.

I made A BUNCH of circle pearls (using the Dimensional Pearls) in 2 different colors.  You can make a whole bunch and use em later to add to your pages...and they are ALL DRY!  All you do is squeeze the dots out onto a craft mat or glass mat...just make sure it's material that won't permanently stick to the pearls.  After you make lines of dots, just tap the bottom of the mat to flatten them out so they don't look like Hershey's Kisses (unless you want them to).  Let dry and scrape up.  I used my spatula to my Cricut and it worked GREAT!  I'll keep the rest for next time!

There's Bel, J, and Dimples (from left to right).

I used the kit I won at A Million Memories (October 2009 Kit)  for winning the Challenge #3 at Point Blank Period. 


This photo was taken when they were 2 1/2, 4, and 2....(from left to right).  Now they are 7, 9, and 6!!!  We drove about 45 minutes south to go to the Puyallup Fair...and this is what the back seat looked like when Hubby and I turned around!  Soooo cute!  They day was just beginning and they were KNOCKED OUT!


Even though it rained slightly on the way, it stopped when we got there...thank goodness.  The kids had fun riding all the kiddie rides but Dimples was too young so the poor thing just watched.  And he was NO TROUBLE, he was quite entertianed watching the other two have fun!

So, my HOPE is that these 3 (now 5 when you add the youngest two Gabe and "Sweet T")...stay together until they grow up.  I hope they treasure the close bond they all have and the fact that they are being raised together and that we are all so lucky we are able to share our lives together.  For those of you that don't know or remember...the other kids are my youngest cousins on my Mom's side (I'm the eldest at 33).  And the 3 cousins I help take care of are 9, 6 and 3...How adorable is that?????

I also hope that they all follow their hopes and dreams and know anything can happen.  Hope is such a powerful thing.  I've lived my life so far on Hope and have never been let down because even when things seem wrong, I try to cling to hope that it will get better.  These beautiful kids have so much potential and I am so excited to see what they do....

I LOVE THESE KIDS!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Mo

15 comments:

  1. what a great page & photo to preserve that memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... they are so adorable! I love your take on the challenge with the poem. You did a wonderful job interpreting it! I love how you used the sketch as well. Thanks for playing along at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Cutie patooties, for sure! Love your layout and the chipboard element!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm so jealous you get to play with all that new stuff! That photo is priceless.

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet photo! And I echo the sentiments about cousins staying close throughout life. I pray the same thing for my babies. Right now they don't even realize it's a blessing....just that they sure have fun with their cousins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful mo!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo and the colors!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT post, mo! very inspirational. :) the kiddos are adorable too.

    btw, who makes that rub on... i like the brown shade a lot too. :)

    hugs,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. check you out miss mo!!!,,rad layout!! super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this LO and what a beautidul poem to go along with it!!!! It touched my heart!!!

    Just love all the wonderful colors and details to this LO!!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Hope layout and I love the message with it!!! Some really cute photos of the sleeping babes!!! Thanks for playing with us again at STP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so darling Mo, I would frame this one! You captured the day perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page and sentiment! Glad you played along with STP and ST!! Love to see your work, babe!!

    And what an amazing moment to capture for them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome take on the poem, girl!! :)
    thanks for playing with STP :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mo, I just love this layout..BEAUTIFUL!! Great post too...hope is a strong thing!! I've relied on it several times:) Thanks for always finding the time to play with us over at STP...love you girlie! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely!!! What a beautiful page? You take on the poem is just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at STP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR