Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Yur Birthday!


You might have already seen me make some layouts with this kit.  It's the January 2010 Kit (Dream Street Urban Ink) from Simply Obsessed.  Except for the black Thickers, everything on this layout was created using the SO Kit!

I've been a kit subscriber for a few months now and have LOVED every kit!  They seem to speak to my own personal scrapbooking style.  Now, I am NOT being compensated for any of my SO shout outs...I just really love the kits!

And I struggle with creating masculine pages, so I was sooooo excited when Heather (SO owner) put this one together!  I loved all the gears and the stars!  So stinkin' cute!




I also have been sticking to my goal of getting my inspo from one of my FAVORITE forums....Scrap Freak!  Though they do not sell kits, they do have an online store and an AMAZINGLY active forum where you can find TONS of inspiration through the challenges and other threads!  If you haven't checked them out already....YOU GOTTA!

Right now, I'm working on the Freaky Friday Challenges and they have this DAILY JANUARY CHALLENGES called Jump Start Your Scrapping!  Holy smokes!  I cranked out about 3 layouts so far using these challenges!  Actually, I counted all the layouts I've done since the 1st and I think I'm up to 14!  Not counting cards!

Anyway, back to the point...the challenge was to tell a story with your page and I think I remember something bout Birthdays.....so I came up with this one.



You might recognize these photos from Gabe's 3rd Birthday!  There's my cousing "Sweet T" with the cute lil fake grin!

I took the journaling from a previous blog post I did about Gabe's birthday.  I do this a lot.  It makes it so much easier to focus the idea of a layout and write out the journaling.....SO MUCH EASIER.

Do you use your blog to come up with your srapbooking pages?


Hugs,
Mo

7 comments:

  1. I use anything that can inspire me....most of the time I see a pic I love and that sets a page into motion!!!

    Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! i totally use my blog! i have to recycle my own work sometimes because i can't think of anything else to work with! hahaha!!!

    what a great kit that is. you rocked it for sure! i'll have to check it out... not like i need more supplies tho! LOL. ;)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, Mo!! I just love how colorful it is. It matches the atmosphere at Chuck E. Cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love the way you did the journaling spot! I've never taken anything directly from my blog to scrap/journal but I definitely get inspiration from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loveeeeeeeeeeeee that lo and i use mine and others blogs to get my inspo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool layout! Love the colors and cute pics! And yes, I often refer back to my blog to help with journaling. You know, cuz I forget things sometimes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the title on this page and the cluster of embellies - awesome :D

    i don't tend to use my blog to journal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR