Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am Wonder Woman



Here's another SUPER COMBO layout!  It's soooo cool when you realize you can combine challenges!  I did FOUR with this one!
1)  Sketchy Thursdays Sketch 
2)  Point Blank Period  (Get Over It.)
3)  Pink Ninjas (Which cartoon character would you be?)
4) Scrap that Poetry (inspo was Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou)

Here's the sketch:


BooHoo...this is the second to the last sketch I get to play with!  I haven't done the last layout...cuz I think I'm too sad...he he!  But I got some new scrappy stuff in the mail yesterday and so I may just muster up the MoJo I need to GO OUT WITH A BANG!


The inspirational poem over at Scrap That Poetry was "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou.  What a perfect choice!  I've always loved this poem!  I chose to journal the section above because I felt it sounded the most like me.

This layout is more of a way to be my own cheerleader.  I've said it before, I have challenges with feeling like a good Mother and person.  Maybe it's because there's so many things I want to do but I end up cutting some things out of my "to do" list.  And maybe it's because I really idolize my mother and see her as a strong woman...a selfless woman.  And I see myself very different from her and I'm realizing as I type this....that I believe she's the best mother anyone could ever have and I'm very different...so that must mean, I'm the opposite.  That's it!  Do you know how long I've been thinking about this?


So, I did created this page to remind me that I do have some great qualities, and although I feel like I could be a better person, that doesn't mean I suck as a Mom.

I know my job is difficult on my body as well as my mind (emotionally).  I've seen life coming into the world and life leaving it. I've seen young people who's lives have been cut short because of poor choices (drug addicts) and people who have dedicted their lives to saving people who contract cancer and die because of their jobs (a Firefighter).   As a Nurse, I've taken care of people I admire....honest to good people...and evil people (murderers and child molesters).  But you have to treat them equally and care for them all.  And I've done that.  I've been praised and I've been insulted, I've been hugged and slapped and punched.  Yet MOST days I still love my job.  And the bad DOES outweigh the good, even though sometimes there are more bad things happening, the good counts more in your mind.



I also love that I'm not afraid to tell my kids a thousand times a day that I love them and I hug them and tell them how special they are.  I try to encourage them to think and learn and also play and create.  I teach them responsibility yet try to remind them not to take things too seriously.  I'm lucky I have the time to spend with them and I'm glad I made the decision to enter a career in Nursing so I could work part-time and stay home with the kids and live a content life.  I'm proud I choose to skimp on the fancy and splurge on necessity.  And I sure picked a good man to marry.

So, I guess I do classify myself as a Phenomenal Woman
just like Wonder Woman!

I'm sooooooo over feeling like I come up short.
I'm awesome just the way I am!

I'm strong, I'm beautiful, and I'm THE BOSS!

CLICK HERE for a supply list.

Hugs,
Mo

13 comments:

  1. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! this is amazing!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the story behind and wonder woman is perfect for u! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just rock! What an amazing layout with such meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful LO - love the graphic pic of wonderwoman, the poem and the lasso you created. more than that i'm glad you see yourself in a positive light :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is soooo cool! I love the twine as rope - so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go wonder woman go!!!! :) i can usually only manage to put 2 challenges into one.... the fact that you did 4 is SUPER! hhahaha... :)

    love your take on the sketch!

    hope you have a great day.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 challenges on one page?? My goodness, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the goddess of challenges. You've got to win one for this incredible layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE YOUR LAYOUT!! AND yes, you are Wonder Woman for getting 4 challenges knocked out! yow! good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mo

    I certainly recognised this layout is inspired by Prompt 20 by the Pink Ninjas ! lol way to rawk several challenges too !

    Very blessed you are for sure ! having a part time job which allows you more time with the kiddos !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an AWESOME Layout!! I just love it. And I think every mother goes through feeling like they are not good enough...especially when comparing ourselves to our own mothers!!! The funny thing is, when our children get older they'll probably do the same. I'm sure they think you are just awesome and you are!! Love it girl.
    Love, Jess
    Oh, BTW thanks for all the sweet comments and keeping Lucas in your thoughts! I'm just so happy everything turned out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One last comment, before I get to some drawing orders!

    Your pages are so much fun to look at! And I love your journaling! You have such beautiful penmanship!

    Blessings and Aloha!
    How long does it take you to do a page like this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!! thanks for using this as your FAVE LO!!! thanks for playing along! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really CUTE LO! Lovin' the paint & the cute pom pom trim! Thanks for joining us! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR