Sunday, September 13, 2009

Magnifique! The Real Deal! One-Of-A-Kind You!

You know how you have your favorite layouts? Well, I must say, right now this is mine. It's very girly...but so is my Isabel...so it works!

Here's the journaling. I wanted a journaling box, so I painted on some white (Spotlight) scrapbook paint by Making Memories.

I had lots of fun with rub-ons. Placed one on the ribbon border and in the journaling box. I also hand cut the word "magnifique" from some K & Co. printed paper (Madeline - Sheer Bliss).



K & Co. also made some coordinating chipboard (the butterfly) which I embellished with some beautiful pearls!



I created a felt flower with my Sizzix die cutting machine and added 2 gorgeous flowers (Prima) to make my pretty flower cluster.

Here's a close-up of that adorable butterfly.


I love this layout because the print on the butterfly reminded me of my Grandmother who past away long ago. The print is not one I would normally choose, but I gravitated towards it at my LSS and this layout brings together two people who are so very precious to me (Isabel and Grandma Idad).
My heart aches every time I think about how I wish they could have met. And I am hit with the realization right now that it's because Isabel reminds me of her! Wow! Wow! I can't believe I just realized this! Freaky! Okay....crying now!
Okay! Now for some super cool news! You know how I'm a Sketchy Thursday lunatic? Well...you're in for a treat! I guess Diana became a little overwhelmed by ST's popularity...so NOW IT HAS IT'S OWN SITE on SketchyThursdays.Blogspot.com! That's not all! If you don't already know, it's kinda a launch week, so there's lots of happenings in the next couple of weeks....like....PRIZES! Lots and lots of prizes (click on this link for more info)! So, mosey on over there, become a follower and enter starting Monday! Enter this weeks contest while you're at it!
Every week's ST sketch is like my homework and is actually on my "to do" list!!! It's 6:30 am right now on Sunday and I'm ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT waiting for the DT reveal! How exciting!!!! Congrats to whoever won....I suppose, you know who you are! And I'm sure it is well-deserved because the ST talent is AH----MAZING! I can't wait can't wait! Hurry Diana! Post it already!
It's funny when people ask me at work "What are you doing over the weekend?" This weekend, for example, I REALLY SAID in my head "Waiting for the Sketchy Thursday Design Team to be revealed." But I know they won't get it, so I just answer with the generic "Oh. Same old stuff."
Well, thanks for visiting today! Sorry my post have been few...but wouldn't you know it, I finished the True Blood series and I got sucked into yet another Vampire Novel!!!! I finally made my way to The Black Dagger Brotherhood!!! Yowza! Let's just say, it was in the Romance section (eyebrow eyebrow)! I finished the first book, Dark Lover (author is J.R. Ward). Loved it! So, if you are in Twilight withdrawal, I highly suggest one or both series.....but remember...it's more ADULT than Twilight was! You get me?
As always, thanks for your sweet comments! I'll be making my blog visiting rounds this morning!!! Hopefully things start to calm down for me after the whole first day of school excitement and I can get some more blogging time in!
Ciao!
Mo

Summertime Girl - Sandy Shores Collection by My Mind's Eye, Madeline - Sheer Bliss by Brenda Walton for K & Co., Dainty Doilies by Artifacts Inc. (Michael's), Sundress Heirloom Trim (pink ribbon) - Laundry Line Collection by My Mind's Eye, rub-ons by Kelly Panacci Inc., Addie (green ribbon) - Noteworthy Collection by Making Memories, Floral Embellishments by Prima, Madeline Butterfly Chipbox - Brenda Walton for K & Co., Clusters Crystal's (pearls) by Mark Richards, Recollections Rhinestone Stickers by Michael's, Clear Cuts Frames & Titles - Sharon Ann Baby Safari Collection - Girl by Little Yellow Bicycle, Scrapbook Colors - Spotlight by Making Memories, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inkpad - Dark Brown by Clearsnap

12 comments:

  1. Mo, great post today! Love that page, for one. And two, that line about not really telling people what is the online scrappy world is really on your mind... I do that too! No one would really get it. My poor DH already looks at me like I'm nuts 1/2 the time. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is my third time of trying to leave a comment...I HATE INTERNET EXPLORER!! I love the layout and absolutely adore that butterfly. I think we are so lucky b/c my great grandmother, Izzy's great great grandmother is still living right now, and that is who she was named after! Sadie Bell is my grandma's name, so I wanted to use belle somehow in the name. It's so nice and Mammaw Sadie just adores Isabelle! I'm sure your grandmother would adore Isabel as well. Great layout girl. Love Ya, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photo, all the PINK...and love love love love love love the pearls on the butterfly! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maureen....this LO is so STUNNING!!! I love everything...the colors, the paint, the dimension and oh the journaling is PERFECT!!!! Great Job on this one sweet friend!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read Twilight, too devoted to Laurell K. Hamilton's vamps I guess. Now there is some adult vampires! lol ;)

    You're right to be proud of this layout, it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING Mo, just stunning! Wow! I am not a pink fan, but this LO may just change my mind! LOL! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the pearls on the butterfly, great embelly :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty layout!!!! love the frame around the picture and LOVE LOVE LOVE the pearls on the butterfly! everything about this layout is soooo pretty!

    i'll have to check out the new sketch site. sounds like fun!

    have a great week!
    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MO! You crack me up! I find myself telling my hubby all the time "my blog friends this" and "my message board friends that" OH MY! :)
    and GIRL, let me tell you! Your pink and frilly and flowery page is just GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, babe...that is sooo sooo very pretty! I love girly projects! Just beautiful!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZA- LOVELY!!! This is SO great Mo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, ok...I know I said I wasnt going to comment on every post...in the comment on your previous post...but

    this one is gorgeious and love the sentiment behind it-for your daughter and your grandma.

    (I love your penmanship in your journaling! so neat and perfect!)

    Blessings & aloha!

    (also, before I forget...thank you for stopping by and commenting :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR