Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SPCC: Forever You and Me!


Aaaaaah! Lovin' the teal-y, turquoisey color in the SPCC 7 this week! SPCC stands for Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combos and it's a new challenge blog! Yay Sam! I love these colors and have never thought about putting them all together (Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Summer Sun) CLICK HERE to see the SPCC 7 colors and try them out!

I found this old wedding photo that would work with the challenge colors. The journaling reads:

This is the day it all started! The day my life changed forever.
It was exciting, happy, sad, terrifying, exhausting, surreal,
stressful, playful, joyous.......and perfect!
This is the day my family began!

I used some of my die cut vintage paper flowers! These are so fun to play with!

To make this flower, I took a drop of my Bermuda Bay re-inker and mixed it with a little water and lightly painted it on the flower. When dry, I then took a Versamark pad and pressed it onto the flower, making sure to cover the whole thing. Next, I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds on the flower and used a heating gun to set the glitter! Like I've said before, you HAVE to see this stuff in person to REALLY appreciate the DAZZLING of the diamonds! Before you glue down your flowers, take a pen or pencil and use it to curl the ends of the petals to give them some dimension!


To finish off the flower, I just added some Prima flowers for color and a cute white button! And there you have a fun flower for super dee duper CHEAP!


On this project I also used some rub-ons in Old Olive by Stampin' Up! and some of the NEW ribbon in the yummy color Bermuda Bay! The die cut sticker I used was from an old retired Simply Scrappin' Kit (Stampin' Up!) which says "Forever you and me" for the title. The kit also had this cool die cut frame which I placed BEHIND my matted photo!


For some added interest, I added this vintage book page which came in my Vintage Plum April Kit and some Peacock tulle from my VP May Kit! I used a distressing tool on the edges of my photo, the photo mat, and my 12 x 12 base page.

Like the Stampin' Up! goodies? WANT SOME? For the month of July, I've got a special! Purchase $25 from ME at my Stampin' Up! website:




and get THE NEW IDEA BOOK AND CATALOG FREE! (I will ship it separately from your order, so do not add it to your cart upon purchase.) Email me either through my Stampin' Up! website or at MoMoStamper (dot) yahoo (dot) com after purchase to tell me you heard about this special from my blog and I will send out a catty to YOU!


REMEMBER: If you spend $150, you will qualify for Hostess Benefits which would include FREE STAMPS and some extra "hostess awards" to spend on MORE STUFF! Don't see yourself buying that much? Well, contact me and I will give you some info how you can collect orders from family and friends and reap the hostess benefits mentioned above!

Thanks to all my friends for stopping by! Your support keeps me inspired and creating! I hope you all have a great rest of the week! Oh! I've got ZOO PICTURES which I will be editing and sharing SOON SOON SOON!


21 comments:

  1. Wow, you did an excellent job with those colors Mo! It's a beautiful lo, love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page! What a good idea to dig up some old photos. (PS: Your bio is up on my site!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that LO!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that photo, the colors....and that FLOWER U made is WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout! & such a cool paper flower! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of the colours - I really love your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the coolest layout. I love your wedding pic...I bet they were all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely LO. This combo really goes well with the special photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This LO is beautiful. The bit of net really adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this LO....the colors are super duper and what a beautiful pic!!!!! The flower you made is outstanding!!! Wishing you a wonderful day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful page!! I am a craftaholic too!! I {heart} maggi. Isn't she the best?
    Thanks for playing along at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful LO! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!!! That flower is awesome MO!!! Thanks so much for playing with the colors. You rocked it! Love you, girl.
    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page!! I love that you made summer sun the main color! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MO....This layout is beautiful. One of my all time favs! Love it


    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout! That flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at SPCC!

    Melisa- SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant LO! Thank you for the close up on the flower, it really made a huge difference in the details. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful wedding photo. The colours go perfectly with this weeks colour challenge.
    Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your gorgeous layout compliments the gorgeous photo perfectly! fantastic take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR