Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mom....My Home

Since my last post, I've been able to participate in a couple more challenges! Yay! This layout was created using a sketch challenge on Diana's Blog called "Design by Diana Sketchy Thursdays". So stop by her bloggy blog thursdays for some inspiration! I know I'll be visiting again!

I loved how this turned out. Thanks for telling me about this fun challenge Diana!

This layout is about a woman I hold most dear. Mom.

I love my mommy! She's the best. Lately I've been really looking at my life and redirecting myself. I've been losing focus. I need to do better...as a wife and a mother. Maybe I sell myself short because I've got such a high standard to follow....maybe I'm afraid that if I really try, I will disappoint. There's so much pressure to be perfect and it takes such a toll on me. I just have to do my best and realize that HAS to be enough.

Where else can I get the love and support that I need right now? All I needed to do was call mom. We had a little talk, and although things aren't fixed, I see some light ahead. I think I hesitate to turn to her because I don't want to look like a failure in her eyes. And she has NEVER made me feel this way. She's so sweet and supportive. I do it to myself.

Well, this is the beginning of my realization. There are some broken things that need to be fixed. Now is the tough part....the fixing. Luckily, I'm a bit of a "handy woman"...I just wish I had manual to direct me with this job. Oh, right....I just need to CALL mom, the expert. Okay, I feel better. Why does it take a blog post to realize this?

Sorry about the extra baggage here. But I got to get this out somehow.

On to something more fun than listening to my personal struggles! How bout this layout?!

The journaling reads:

My childhood was so sweet and happy. It was all because of mom. She took such good care of us. She cooked nearly every day while keeping the house clean...all the while working full-time. I don't know how she did it. She was...and still is a big part of my happiness, my life....My Home.



Here's what I used:


Packaging Brown Wrap card stock by Prism

"Dainty Doilies" by Artifacts Inc.

rub ons - "There's the Rub" by Luxe Designs

Pigma Micron 03 Archival Ink pen by Sakura

yellow and turquoise felt flower by Making Memories

all other flowers - "Got Flowers?" by Prima

yellow printed paper ribbon by Anna Griffin

black lace paper ribbon "Que Sera Sera" by K & Co.

black brads by Making Memories


I've got more stuff to share....but you'll have to wait!

9 comments:

  1. Great job with the sketch, Mo. And I love what you wrote about your Mom. I put your LO on my site with a link back to you. New sketch coming out tomorrow... (and check back to see if you won the blog candy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout Mo and what a beautiful mother you have! I'm really close to my mom and she is usually the first person I go to as well! lol Good luck on your "fixing", I've been doing the same thing lately! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl this is beautiful! Good job calling mom for a pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean...it's like I feel sometimes (about certain things) why try? It won't be perfect or good enough. But, that is just silly. The only person it needs to be good enough for is me.
    I love the story about your mom. That is EXACTLY how I feel about mine as well!! And the layout is tooo gorgeous!! You should give it to her.
    Love ya, babe!! Stay strong and carry on!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a touching tribute and you did such a wonderful job on this LO!!! I see your heart went into this one!!!! Being able to be "FIX" things is tough, take baby steps, so that you don't get too overwhelmed!!!! This LO is a great step!!!!! I am always a work in progress and backslide I do, but hey guess what...when I do I just get up and dust off the pants and start again!!! Hugs to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo, this is stunning. Gorgeous layout, but I love the honesty and sincerity of your journaling. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person and I'm sure the apple doesn't fall from the tree. You seem like a gem as well. We all have our struggles, insecurities, or whatever you want to call them. Remember that you have great qualities as well. To me, this layout is what scrapbooking is all about. I wish I could do journaling like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mo, first of all such a great layout and words about your mom. I think for most women, this is the person we turn to when we need those words that will help us or make us feel better. Even if just for a moment. I am very close to my mom too and realize the importance of that relationship. Hope you feel better about things and know that everything will work out the way it is meant to. I always tell myself that! Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous LO! And I know exactly what you mean about high expectations and mom making it all better ;) Keep your head up girl!
    {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty page. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR