Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Luau

Okay! Here are the photos from Saturday night when we celebrated my little sis' college graduation from the University of Washington!!!

She was born in Hawaii....and my mom decide to make it this fun Hawaiian theme! My parents have always been VERY social and have hosted countless of parties at their home. We've got a big family and quite a bit of extended family and friends and we all get together every so often!

Here are my oh-so-beautiful sisters Emmy and Krystal! Don't you just love the Hawaiian shirt drink cozy my sister has on her beer????? Mom got a bunch of them! She cracks me up!

Here are my best friends (mom and my sisters)! My mom is next to me. Check out her hula girl apron! She got one for my dad (a male version)...but he REFUSED to wear it!


Instead, he chose to wear this hat!!!!!! My sister Emmy and I got it for him to wear.....but thought we would have to get a few drinks in him to do it. But no! He put the thing on IMMEDIATELY! I have to say, this outfit WAS way cooler!



Luke (Hubby) and Gabe. My men!



Me and the UW graduate! Like my coconut shells????? My other sister was the bartender....she actually USED to be a bartender in real life during college!



Me and my son Gabe. I bought him a grass skirt...but he decided that boys don't wear them and took it right off!



Emmy (the bartender sis) and I...drinks in hand. I managed to make it into work the next day......barely! Let's just say it was a rough day!


My son Gabe, Isabel (my daughter) and a family friend.


And I'm not sure if I shared this yet! This is the LO I did for one of the challenges during the Plum Star Search over at Vintage Plum! I used Krystal's photo....in celebration of her graduation.

I used another one of my canvas embellishments from Krafty Kates (at Etsy) made my by friend Jess and her mom.

For the first time I made my own felt flower! The stitching was so fun! I enjoyed doing this LO!

The title says "Where Flowers Bloom, You Will Find Fairies".
If you can't read it, the journaling says: When my baby sister Krystal was born, it was like a magical fairy touched my life. She has always amazed me with her MANY talents.
It ends with a quote: "Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly."

I used papers from my Vintage Plum June Kit! I still have a TON of my June kit to use up!!!!

Happy Tuesday everybody!!!! I hope to find some scrappy time today between laundry loads!

3 comments:

  1. Sooo awesome, babe!! I love all the pics and the layout!! Everyone in your family is soo freaking gorgeous!! Geez!! lol
    Glad you made it to work, even if barely! lol
    Loves!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the most fun party! You have a beautiful party and your layout is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, nothing like have a huge family to share the wonderful moments with. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR