Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Human.

I got my shipment of Stampin' Up! goodies in the mail the other day! Wow! As a Demonstrator, we get to order sets BEFORE THEY ARE ACTUALLY OUT! I also got a couple new hostess sets in the new catalog! The new catty comes out July 1st! Oh, it's sooooooo nummy! And the NEW In Colors are so lusciously bright!

Well, I've been meaning to head over to my friend, Samatha's NEW CHALLENGE BLOG: SP Color Combos! It's called SP Color Combos and every week she has a challenge where you will use certain colors in your projects. Anyway, I saw this weeks colors and...boy did I have a time thinkin' up a design! I don't usually use these colors together...definitely a challenge for me! But, it worked out and most importantly I had fun!

I got to use my NEW set Lots of Bots! This set is too cuteriffic! While I was creating, I kept on saying "Waaaaaaleeeeeee" the whole time! It's so catchy (from the movie Wall-E)! I do a lot of sound effects when I stamp....but that coulda been the Sangria talkin'!


I sooooo tried to make this a boy card, but alas....I love my flower clusters much too much so they snuck in there! I like mixing it up...rough distressed edges, nuts and bolts, flowers and bling! Ha ha! WHAT A COMBO! I think it worked because of the color combo...I mean purple (kinda girly) with brown and green (in very boy shades)!


Hope you likey....HUMANS!

16 comments:

  1. MO!!!! I love it! You did good on the boy card (boys can have flowers too can't they? LOL). Thanks so much for playing girl! I added you to the friends of SPCC section :O)
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SP Color Combos Creator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and silly combo of nuts and bolts and robots with flowers - I love it(no stereotypes for us)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ofcourse, boy cards can have flowers. Great card, love all the little unexpected elements

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card!!! I love the little robot, perfect for a boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this!! So cute!! I am dying to get my hands on that robot set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo,

    You know I love your work and your blog. I have a blog award for you over on my blog if you're into that sort of thing.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that card!!!! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so darn cute... I totally love it! I need to come create with you so hopefully I can get my mojo back after being non crafty for the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this set....just perfect and the colors are Fabulous!!!!!! Hoping you are having a wonderful day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey baby!! I love love LOVE YOUR CARD!!! And I have missed you! I finally got to read and comment on your interview over at Maggie's blog.
    I hope you are doing well. Going off to read any other posts I might have missed while I was away! :P
    B

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome card MoMo!! Love the colors, and the robot is too cute!

    Play along at thepinkninjas.blogspot.com too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I love that you make Wall-E sounds - best movie ever!
    Adorable card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read your interview on Maggi's site. Left ya some love over there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR