Friday, May 8, 2009

A Mother's Day Card!

Sorry I've been MIA! Lots of stuff going on! Work has been hectic at the Walk-In-Clinic...does that say it all? Just got over some stomachy thing...yeah, fun times! I haven't grown a pig snout yet, so don't worry! Nuff said!

On with the show! Well, I managed to slam out a few projects, thanks to all the wonderful challenges by the Vintage Plum Girls! You guys are awesome! I was able to spend a block of time on sunday May 3rd croppin' the day away at the VP Crop for National Scrapbooking Day (well, day after technically). Anyway, I will be sharing my creations within the next couple of weeks!

For Mother's Day, I created a card to give my wonderful mother! Shhhh, don't tell! This was a fun one!

This challenge was for Beth's "Wild Kingdom" challenge where you use an animal in your creation. As you can see, my card wasn't that wild at all.....pretty peaceful if you ask me! But I love the way the card turned out! What's cool is that you could use it for different occasions! I just stamped a "Happy Mother's Day" greeting inside and ta-dah...a Mother's Day Card!

Make a bunch of these and keep it next to a greeting stamp set, envelopes and a black ink pad. Then, all you have to do is stamp your sentiment and there you are!

How cute is that?
I'm lovin' the ribbon "grass". This card is great for Spring and Summertime giving!

What did I use to make this, you ask????

Here's a list:

Stamps
Best Wishes and More (Item # 111602)

Ink
Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
Signo White Gel Pen

Paper/Card Stoc
Kraft
Ballet Blue
Baja Breeze

Accessories
Big Shot by Sizzix
Bigz Top Note
Birds & Blooms: Large Flower, Scallop Circles, and Bird
Old Olive Ribbon
Stampin' Dimensionals
Twine
Stapler
Yellow button brad by Making Memories

Below is a photo of the stamp set I used! This set is pretty handy! Look! It covers the seasons! You even have a heart! It's very versatile and a good buy! (I got it free when I attended the Stampin' Up! Regionals in Seattle!) I've used it LOTS since I got it!

Don't have it? Want it? I can help! You can purchase from me 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website (maureenkao.stampinup.net)! And they can ship directly to YOU! If you already have a Demonstrator, though, please order from them :) Sorry, United States orders only!




*I did some faux stitching around the edges of the Top Note piece with my Signo Gel Pen (really, you gotta get one).

*I used the gathered ribbon technique to form "grass". Haven't tried this technique yet? It's fun! I learned it from Kristina Werner! Want to see it? I pasted it to an old post, so CLICK HERE and scroll down to find the video.

*I love this set because I don't have to worry about stamping the sentiment on straight!!! I didn't have that nervous feeling, cuz you know it's not meant to be straight!!! No pressure!

Just for fun, I thought I'd mention that the stamp set has a COORDINATING kit! It's the Petal Party Simply Scrappin Kit (Item # 113059). I sooooo want this!


Okay! So, go ahead Make that Mother's Day card TODAY!

Don't have a Big Shot but still want this card? Give me a few days, I'm going to put some up on my Etsy Shop (MoMoStamper): momostamper.etsy.com! Got any ideas for Etsy Shop items? Just ask...and maybe you shall receive! I would love to hear your comments!

Bear with me....I hope to post over the weekend but I have some custom invitations I'm making for a client! This is my first endeavor in custom cardmaking!

I hope to have inspired!

For all the mom's out there, you guys ROCK! From the bottom of my heart,
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

P.S. Enter my BLOGOVERSARY GIVEWAY (the post before this one...or click on the photo on the top right hand corner of the blog for info!) GOOD LUCK!

4 comments:

  1. Love that card! Thanks for sharing with us! Congrats on your blogoversary! I will try to enter here soon...working on some Mothers Day stuff today myself. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card! love the ribbon grass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo, love the card! And congrats on the blogoversary! Have fun with the custom card making. I do it all the time and really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THAT CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did an awesome job with it! Just love the ribbon!!!! Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR