Friday, April 10, 2009

His Hello Was the End of her Endings....

I've been meaning to create a bookmark for a few weeks now and FINALLY I did! I was just waiting for some inspiration to come my way! I got it....while flipping channels....I came across the Sex and the City Movie...which I LOVE! I smiled, I laughed, I sighed, and I cried....AGAIN! I love the colors in Carrie's wedding dress. Not so much the bird on her head...but the colors...and the dress was beautiful!



I used more of my FAVE Making Memories flowers! I used a crystal brad by Stampin' Up! as well. Using one of my super cute Stickles, I added dots here and there....throughout the quote...dotting the "I's" and tracing the commas and periods. Here's the quote by Carrie Bradshaw which is so sweet:
His hello was the end of her endings
Her laugh was her first step down the aisle
His hand would be hers to hold forever
His forever was as simple as her smile....

This is only part of the quote. Here's the rest of the poem:

He said she was what was missing.
She said instantly she knew
She was a question to be answered
And his answer was “I do”
- Sarah Jessica Parker, as Carrie Bradshaw, in Episode 19 of “Sex and the City,” "The Chicken Dance"
Bookmark by The Paper Company
Felt flowers - Making Memories from the Noteworthy Embellishment Jar called Hillary Collection.
Ice Circle Rhinestone Brad from Stampin' Up!
Cardstock - 8x8 inch paper pad "The All Dressed Up Stack" by DCWV
Ribbon is from my scrap ribbon stash purchased from Michaels.
Stickles by Ranger in Lime Green
And I also made a card!


Cardstock - The All Dressed Up Stack by DCWV, Trend Scrap Pad to Go by K & Company and
Ribbon - Michaels
Embossing Powder - JoAnn Craft Essentials
Stamp - Hugs and Wishes Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! (Retired)
Crystal Effects by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Edge Punch by Stampin' Up!
You can't really see it well in the photo above, but to get the effect with the dots, I first applied small dots of Crystal Effects (Clear Craft Lacquer). Then I poured on my embossing powder. Do not heat set, because the glue/lacquer is not designed for this...it will bubble up underneath and ruin the round dots you just made. Another option would be to use glitter...but I didn't have any in this color!



So, now that I've made my first bookmark...I've got some ideas! Stay tuned! After reading the Twilight series, I've started to read again! So I am in need of bookmarks!!!!!! Got any book recommendations???? Would LOVE to hear them in the comment section!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your card and book mark! so pretty! And I love that poem!
    Well, I hope to read the Twilight series this summer. I usually get in my reading modes then.
    And you won't believe the books I am addicted to. One week you could see me reading a huge, hardback Stephen King novel. And when I get done with that....it will be a paperback romance book! hahaha
    Those two are my fave! Stephen King's The Dark Tower series are my all time fave!
    I hope you have a wonderful Easter, love!
    B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR