Thursday, September 25, 2008

A "buh" with a "ooooh" chunk!


It's amazing what Isabel (my daughter) comes home saying! She is learning so much in Kindergarten, I just can't believe how fast. Today I went to Curriculum Night where her teacher talks about what the goals are and what the class is learning and even how they are learning how to read and write.....pretty cool.

So, I realized what she meant the other day when she READ HER FIRST WORD (at least in front of me)! We were watching her favorite YouTube video (I subscribe to lots of crafting videos....he he...and there are a couple she LOVES to watch). In one of the videos, a woman makes a cool Halloween card that says "boo" (below is the video, if you happen to want to see it...it's pretty darn cool). Anyway, we're watching the video and she goes....."Mommy, I know what that says. It says "boo". And my eyes get super big and I go....."how do you know that, honey?" She says, "cuz it has a buh with a ooooh chunk".

As it so happens, her teacher, Mrs. Finan, explains today at Curriculum Night how they are learning how to read "chunks" like the "an" chunk in the word ran and can and so on.......so if they learn the chunks, they can learn lots of other words with different letters before (and after) the chunk. Does that make sense? Anyway, thought that was a cool story...now I know why I've been going around the house these past 3 days saying "a buh with a ooooh chunk"! SO CUTE!

OH! SO FAR, ISABEL HAS $31 IN DONATIONS FOR THE FUN RUN (he he......it's from her mommy and papa).......IF YOU WANNA DONATE,you can find more info and a link at our FAMILY WEBSITE.

Here's the video!





AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL, HERE IS THE LINK TO OKAKUKU (THE NAME OF THE USER).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR