Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Scrapbooking on Canvas!





I finally gave it a try and it worked out! I love the texture, colors and dimensions that scrapbooking brings to your photos. Today, I bought an 8" x 10" canvas from Michaels and turned it into a beautiful "page" that I could display and enjoy in my craft room! Now I can look up and smile as I think of my little Gabriel! I tried to get it on camera but I ran out of space on the disc! Oh well, I'll just have to make another one for my daughter, Isabel's photo. I will post this to my You Tube channel soon :)

I painted the canvas with acrylic paint and craft ink. I stamped a spotted background using one of my favorite Stampin' Up! background stamps and a Classic Stampin' Pad in Basic Black! I used mostly Making Memories chipboard and adhesive ribbon, some magenta and blue ribbon I had lying around, and decorative stickers by American Crafts (I've been trying to find a reason to break into my new stash of stickers!). It didn't take very long because I used an embossing heating tool to speed up the drying time for the acrylic paint and decoupage I used!

Oh, here's a tip: If you've got that feeling like....something's missing from your layout...something's keeping you from saying..."okay, I'm done with this".....try adding some black and white embellishments! Black and white is so versatile....it goes with sooooooo many things and it might just be what you were looking for!

Well, this project was lots of fun and quite therapeutic! I borrowed my parent's camera, so as soon as I figure it out, I'll make another one so I can record it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR