Friday, October 4, 2013

doggone cute!

Today I'm sharing a couple of projects featuring this doggone cute stamp!  I shared an embellishment tutorial using it HERE as well.  Both projects were featured in Scrapbook News and Review's forum a couple years ago and I've realized I've never shared them!
 
 
Both projects also feature bookpages.  The scrapbook page at the top uses one that I bought from Glitz Designs (I believe).  I love how it also has some flowers printed on the background of that book page.  I'm sure you can create a similar effect with a real book page and some watercolor!  Below, I added an image to my book page using stamps and watercolor pencils.  Just make sure you use water sparingly or your page will start to breakdown and pill.

 
With this card, I actually used a vintage book page.  I bought several vintage books for really cheap at a vintage thrift store a few years ago and I still have a ton of pages to use up.  You can even go to your local thrift store and purchase really cheap books under $1 which is even more affordable!  They really don't have to be vintage to make the same impact.  For an aged effect, just ink the edges.
 
I hope you enjoyed this share and got some ideas and inspiration!  Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Loveeeeee these!! That dog is soooooooooo cute cute cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I had fun because that dog stamp was stinkin adorable!

      Delete
  2. Well, those are just doggone cute, aren't they?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR