Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mixed Media with Less Mess!

I've got some things in the works.  I'm editing a tutorial right now which will likely be shared on my YouTube channel and blog.  This is going to be easier than it looks....
I'll fill you in on it later, so I'll tease you with this sneaky peek!


Here's a card that was published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine's January 2013 issue.  It was a card I created for someone at work.  It's probably one of my most favorite cards and I created it with a specific person in mind.  Usually when I do this, I'm able to infuse a lot of personality into the card and I always love what I end up with!

Believe it or not, this is a hybrid card.  When I say hybrid, it's really not that difficult.  You don't even need a computer program, just a trusty camera!

Thanks So Much

Can you pick out the digitally generated part of the card?  Even in person, it's difficult to tell!  Here's the secret...
All I did was create that background (the one with the yellow, blues and greens) on mixed media paper.  You can use watercolor paper or even some white cardstock.  I brushed on some watercolor in several colors and ended up with a 11" x 14" background (watercolor paper).  I then photographed the background and cropped it to a more manageable 8.5" x 11" digital image.  From there you can print it out or even use it as digital paper when creating a digital project.  I've used this very same idea to create this scrapbook page (published in the January 2013 issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine):

Celebrate Gabe

This wasn't the same background paper as above.  Here I played with a dauber-topped mist bottle and some dark mist.  I created this new background that I photographed and turned it into digital paper to make more projects.  If you saw the SNR January 2013 issue, I have another hybrid card using this background.

I love this because your artwork adds an something extra special to all your projects.  It's truly one of a kind artwork you can continue to bring in to several different projects.

So there are two ways you can use personal artwork to give your projects a mixed media feel without all the extra time and mess!  I love love looooove it!

And for more ideas on using your Crop-A-Dile in more projects, check out my steal of a class.  The card above uses a technique from the class.  I've got lots more just waiting for you to learn about all wrapped up in my jam-packed class at The Art Studio!

Stash CPR: Breath new life into your stamps and Crop-A-Dile



Hugs,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR