Sunday, April 14, 2013

Got mists....CAN Art journal!

I've got more inky art journaling fun for you!  Thankfully last Saturday I had a rare few hours to myself which I chose to spend in my craft room (rather than cleaning...ha ha).

I took a class called Creating an Art Journal Page: Leave Your Mark by Christy Butters.  I finished the modules and PDFs in about an hour and immediately was struck with inspiration.  I spent a couple hours in my craft room creating and came up with two art journaling pages.  Actually, they are backgrounds right now which I will finish later.

Here's a photo from Christy's class:


And here are a couple photos of the pages I did:

Art Journaling Page


In the page above, I also incorporated a couple techniques I learned from Mists: Not Just Point and Shoot by Heidi Myers.  THAT was another fabulously fun class I took last summer!

Art Journaling Page 2

All I can say is...fun...fun...fun!!!!  I had a blast!  Thank you Christy and Heidi for the inspiration!!!!!
And the April 2013 issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine  is out!  Get your copy now!


Here are some the calls/content packed into this fabulous issue!

Scrapbooking
Color of the Month: Blue
Cupcakes
Everyday Things
Masks & Stencils
Mixed Media on Layouts
Sleeping Cuties
Stamping on Embellies


Cardmaking
Pinwheels
Mother's Day
Retro Look and/or Images
Congrats - New Job, Home, Baby, etc.

Mixed Media
Artist Trading Cards
Artist Trading Cards: House of Blues (All Blue or Blues Music)
Inchies: Corrugated Cardboard
Tags: Vintage Ephemera and/or Old Ads
And I'm also working on a few calls for the May issue.  I'm having so much fun.  It's going to have some awesome stuff!  I've even got a mixed media scrapbook page in there!  I hope you all have wonderful week!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR