Thursday, December 31, 2009

I missed you Sketchy Thursdays!!!!

So....Hubbs got me a BOX...kid you NOT....a WHOLE BOX....of scrappity stuff I had on my 2 Peas Wishlist!!!!  Ummmm....there were TONS of crackle paint, distressed stickles, liquid pearls, distressing ink in lots of colors, and like 5 huge wooden Hero Arts stamps!  Aaaahhhhhh.....I made my wishlist thinking...yeah right, my family won't get me this stuff cuz I've already got A ROOMFULL of scrappin crap!  But Hubbs came through!!!!  And as I usually complain about how much of a TYPICAL MAN he is....this time it WAS TO MY BENEFIT!  "HOW SO?"....you ask?   Well, being the typical guy...especially the guy who does NOT KNOW A THING about scrapping...he was like....holy H*LL...what do I get...as he looked at my mile-long wish list....so what does he do?????  He BOUGHT THE WHOLE DANG WISHLIST!  Ha ha!  I was cracking up!  I was like "oohhh you shouldn't have...it cost too much"...but BOY WAS I GLAD HE DID!

Anyway, on to my share.  I have SERIOUSLY neglected one of my favorite challenge blogs....Sketchy Thursdays because of...well....life...Holiday prepping, present making, house-cleaning...you know!  So....I realized I could still make the "second chance" challenge!!!!  So....I cranked out one of my most favoritest cards EVER!

I don't know WHO will get this...but if I ever part with it....it's going to be a super special person!  He he!



I got to play with LOTS of my new stuff!  Take a look!!!!!



Oh yes...almost forgot to mention...I went scrap digging to come up with the elements of the card!  The only thing I had planned was LOTS of stickles, liquid pearls and distressing ink! 




That there in the center...the backing of some Prima Flower packaging....uh huh....I'm sooooo happy I saved it!  It looks so prettiful!  I used my FAVE distressed stickles in Vintage Photo....LOVE IT!



I added tons of my OTHER favorite stickles....Diamond....it is SOOOOO freaking sparkly....I so WISH you could see the full effect!!!  Sigh.....

So, my escape to my craft room was well-enjoyed.....the kids barged in as I was adding finishing touches.

We are headed over to my Uncle's house to eat dinner and drink champagne and party with my cutey patootey baby cousins and my parents and hopefully my other aunt will be there too.

TOMORROW you will hear my news......I couldn't resist but have hinted at it here on the blog and unless you remember what it usually looks like...you might miss it....

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!  Have a safe one!  I do hate watching the news New Year morning.....I just pray people are safe....

Hugs,
Mo

5 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what an awesome hubby!!! love love love that card mo!!!! gorgeous!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooo hoooo to getting your entire wish list :D

    happy new year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Julie....what an awesome Hubby!!!!! LOVE THAT CARD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My MIL did that for my birthday this past fall and bought my whole wish list off Scrapbook.com. OMG, I was overcome with the anxiety of needing to use it all right away!! How cool is your hubby!!! Yeah!!!

    Love the card, and Vintage Photo stickles are my fave, too! Glad you have come back to us at ST!! We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SPECTACULAR!!! We missed you too, baby!!!! You have the BEST hubby, too! You are one lucky girl! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR