Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Happy List....POCKET STYLE!


Here is another layout using a DT kit from Scrap Freak! The layout uses a lot Jenni Bowlin items. JB rocks!

I also used the weekly challenge over at VintagePlum.com where you are to make a list of things that make you happy. Yes, there are A LOT of things that make me happy.

I love the idea of pockets on mini books and layouts. What a perfect project for pockets! And if I remember something I want to add to the list, there's room on the back of the journaling spots!

I created a pocket with the die cut Jenni Bowlin paper which I cut in half. In it, I slipped a teal piece of cardstock to which I added a tab.

I created another pocket using a zig zag strip I cut from the Collage Press paper. In it, I've tucked a tag and notebook journaling sheet from the Ormolu Etsy Store and another large flower journaing card by Jenni Bowlin. I added a mini closthespin decorated with rub-ons and a blinged out paper flower to the flower card. I also added a teeny tiny clothespin to the Ormolu jounaling notebook sheet! Sooooo stinkin cute!!!!

The teal paper flower and ribbon peeking out are connected to ANOTHER mini tag from The School Locker Etsy Store. I love how it just hangs on the corner, looking like it's glued on.
My FAVE pocket is the vintage library tag embellished with numminess: Ormolu circle tag, a beautiful turquoise shell button, a die cut chipboard piece and a vintage die cut flower from my MoMoStamper Etsy Store.

I dusted off my sewing machine and stitched around one of the Collage Press papers for added detail.

The quote on the Ormolu circle tag goes perfectly with the theme of the page.


The title was created with raw chipboard letters decorated with Distress embossing layered further with Distress Stickles. As I was painting on the Distress stickles with my brush, I dusted the petals of the corner flower with some of the excess Stickles.


See that red flower? My son tore apart one of my fake potted plants, and a collected the sad bits of flowers and put them in a jar in my craft room.....the red flowers live on!




Lastly, for those of you that love supply lists:

Scrap Freak Store Items (10% OFF EVERYDAY):

The Farmer's Wife Die-Cut Label Paper - Jenni Bowlin

Charming - Knave of Hearts - Collage Press

Queen of Hearts - Knave of Hearts - Collage Press

Heidi Swapp Bling Borders - black

Jenni Bowlin Tiny Trims - black

Distress Stickles - Antique Linen - Ranger


Etsy Items:

Ormolu - Savoir Faire - packaging tags, folder tabs, quote tags, and journaling booklet

MoMoStamper - die cut vintage flower


Other items:

Cherry Arte Rub-On My Girl

turquoise shell button - Blumenthal Lansing Company

red button - Favorite Findings - Canyon - Blumenthal Lansing Co.

Flower Embellshments - Petal Pallette - turquoise lime - Prima

chipboard stickers - Early Bird - Cosmo Cricket

Great Escape - Blossoms & Buttons - Making Memories

red flower (taken off of a fake potted plant)

small turquoise flower, yellow flower, black white brad - Making Memorie

fuzzy yellow wire & twine - manufacturer unknown

light blue textured CS - DCWV

Distress powder - peeled paint - Ranger

Tombow - Mono Multi Glue

mini spring clothespins - Loew-Cornell Inc.

tiny clothespins - Loew-Cornell Inc.

polka dot ribbon - crushed curry - Stampin' Up!

multi colored striped ribbon - manufacurer unknown

green rhinestone brad - Stampin' Up!

TOMORROW will be a super fun day! I will have a special share for the Simply Obsessed Blog Hop! I've got a couple layouts using the July and August Obsession kits! There will be a total of 4 fun projects and possbly a giveway! So, check back tomorrow and hop along!
Huggy Hugs,
Mo

6 comments:

  1. What a great layout and I love the pockets! Way to live on little red flower! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pockets - glad you have sooo much to be happy about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO cool, Mo! I love the interactive-ness of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout! VERY colorful and fun.
    Thanks for stopping by & I'm sure I'll be using you for a "lift" - I'll let you know.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo, I could nearly hear you bouncing around through the computer! I have been low on energy lately...mind if i borrow some of yours??? lol
    this layout= perfection. i love every single thing about it!! you, my dear, are a rock star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! GORGEOUS!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE how U did this pocket style! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR