Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hey Good Lookin' What You Got Cookin'? And someone won some OLD STUFF!!


I've got many talents...but cooking IS NOT one of them. I just don't enjoy it (sorrrrrryyyyyy). And it doesn't help when my Mom and sisters are pretty darn good at it!!! I didn't get the cooking gene....just the EATING one (like Dad)! Here are my gorgeous sisters finishing up a cake they baked for my Mom's 50th birthday in 2007. My daughter watched and helped with the sprinkles. I sure hope she inherits the "cooking gene"! LOL!


Oh MAN! This was soooooooo freakin' fun to make! I finally broke into my Vintage Plum July Kit (Cherry Pie)!!!! AND those Shimmerz I won came in the mail on Tuesday from the lovely Danielle (who's on their DT)!! I've been dreaming about them...and just when I had forgotten......poof...they arrived!!!!! I used the one of the little pots of Shimmerz in Butter Cream and painted it on the cupcake liners (shown below) to add some shine! I also painted some on many of he leaves as well. I REALLY WISH you could see just how pretty the effect is in person!!!


Can you see the shimmer off the leaves above? I even painted some on the flowers but you can't tell in the pictures.

And those dictionary flowers made by Vintage Plum's very own Stace are sooo lovely!!!


So my layout was created for the weekly challenge over at Vintage Pum. Quick, you might still be able to enter! The challenge called "Sentiments" is to create something inspired by the papers you use. More Details HERE. Or just check it out cuz Lea made these AMAZING cards! If you haven't seen her stuff......SEE IT NOW!!!!

Can you tell I love polka dots????? Yes, this doubles as my submission for the Pink Ninja's current prompt "Stripes or Polka Dots" as well!

I used the recipe card to journal on! Vintage Plum did EXTRA AWESOME in designing the papers in this kit! GENIUS! Check the papers out HERE!


For those of you who need it, here's the "recipe" (ah ha ha ha!):
Vintage Cherries - Fashionista Collection - Graphic 45
Mom's Ingredients - Webster's Pages
Borders - Early Bird Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Recipe Cards - Vintage Plum
ribbon from Stampin' Up! - Ribbon Originals - Pigtails
buttons from Making Memories - Noteworthy Embellishment Jar - Hillary Collection
bling is Say It In Crystal by Prima
cupcake liner, lace trim, mini clothes pin, and dictionary flowers (by Stace Klug) from July VP Kit cardstock sticker - Early Bird Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink - Chestnut Roan
foam adhesive/Stampin' Dimensionals - Stampin' Up!
Shimmerz - Butter Cream



Okay, now for the winner of the OLD STUFF! But wait....its COOL old stuff....aka "Vintage"! Up for grabs were some Vintage die cuts from my MoMoStamper Etsy Store. I used Random.Org to generate the number. I just numbered the comments (1 being the first commenter) and any usernames that commented twice only had one entry. The winner is..................23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! 23, please email me your address and your choices!

Now for some pictures! We went to the zoo last wee.......what? Who's 23? Oh well, you'll have to find out AFTER I shove these pictures in your faces! Ha ha ha! What was I saying? Oh! Last week we went to the zoo...here are the photos!


Here is my sweet princess. She's always posing. She was so excited!


Here's my Prince Charming....who mostly is a FROG most days! Hop hop hoppin' around with me chasing behind......

Above is my Oh-So-VERY handsome nephew. And below, my Hubby and super cutey nephew.



My cutey patootie niece...look at those teeth....and the mouth of food!



Above is my other super cute niece...the little Diva-in-training. Below another photo of her and my cousin to the right. There's my nephew with the cheeks! LOL!

Oh yah, the ZOO ANIMALS! The ones we just saw weren't real zoo animals????? He he.
I got some pretty decent shots on tip-toe (because I'm 4'11" and can never see above those stupid fences and peoples heads)...but they turned out AWESOME!



Many of you might be in the same boat.....this is 1 of 2 photos of me that day (and the other one was just an uglier version of this) LOL! Oh well. Someone's got to document the day! The thing is....I LOVE GETTING MY PICTURE TAKEN! Ha ha! I just feel funny going "now take one of me"....he he!

I realized something after our trip to the Zoo.....whoever came up with the expression "like a zoo" DEFINITELY needs to see my house! Um, the zoo........VERY RELAXING! My house.......very "Calgon take me away"!

Okay Okay....23.....is.........................Bannana Stamper! Congrats Shanna!!! Email me your addy and which 2 sets you'd like (same or different).

23 BananaStamper said...
Great music and photos! I'm thinking narrated can be good....try to ignore the camera!?!Happy Holidays!
July 25, 2009 6:41 PM

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Hope you have a good one next week! I'm planning for a CAMPING TRIP NEXT! Wooooohoooo!

Hugs,

Mo

12 comments:

  1. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo and the "recipe" and loving the zoo photos...and CONGRATS to YOUR WINNER! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO for Ninjas and VP! And those pictures are too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Shana!! Your lo is absolutely fabulous Mo! And those are the cutest kids ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you! Such a cute family! Don't you just love kid pics?!
    Beautiful, fabulous layout. Great work.

    And thanks for the shout-out about my blog last week. You are such a dear . . . made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great pictures, the zoo ones were great. Cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the blog award & thank you for creating so much wonderful work for me to admire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mo, love what you did with the cupcake holders :) great LO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that shimmery stuff! Your layout turned out soo great! And the zoo photos are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE photos from the zoo! what zoo is that? and those layouts rock! love everything in those kits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love that last pic of you cheesing so big!! hahah I love it sooo much! You are too cute and gorgeous for your own good! :P
    And I love that layout! You did an amazing job with that VP kit! Love how you used the recipe card.
    Hope you had a great weekend, sweetie!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that LO...it is stunning!!!!!!!!!! The pics are so adorable and thank you sweet friend for the good VIBES sent our way!!! You are such a wonderful friend!~~~ Smiles to you today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to BananaStamper...

    fun family fotos!

    Oh, how I wish you and any other amazing scrapper could poof! appear and organize my photos and put them in such creative pages :o)

    I am still trying to get the time to read all the great blogs I follow!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR