Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Card......and a WINNER!

I've got a TON of scraps to use! I whipped this one up QUICK! Even the card base was taken from my scrap pile! The patterned paper came from my June Kit from Vintage Plum. I just LOVE this paper from October Afternoon called Cherry Hill - New Apron. Both sides are GORGEOUS!

This is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. I tied a piece of scrap twine I had around the patterned piece and secured the knot with a glue dot so it wouldn't shift. I added some foam squares to the back to pop it up (because the twine is pretty thick). The die cut sticker is from my Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird Collection stash! I LOVE this collection! Actually, I just love Cosmo Cricket ANYTHING!

In the end, I felt my card needed some finishing so I faux stitched with my FAVE Signo Gel Pen! Then I got the feeling....YOU KNOW....that "I'm finished" feeling! Ta-DAH!


I was supposed to add this card to my red, white and blue themed post for the SNR (Scrapbook News & Review) blog hop....but I honestly was too lazy to edit photos, load to blogger and type....so....I decided to save some goodies for future blogging posts!!!!

Speaking of the blog hop!............

Thank you everyone who visited my blog during the SNR blog hop! It was fun! I visited all of them myself (NINETY PLUS)! I did have a tiny little giveaway and a winner! I chose the winner randomly from Random.Org by numbering the comments from 1 to 32 in the order they were made. So.....the winner of my Lady Bird clone is Suzann!

suzann said...
Love that layout!

Congratulations Suzann! I will be sending my beautiful Lady Bird to you real soon! Thanks for entering everyone!


What did you DO on your July 4th weekend???? For me, what happenned was TOTALLY unplanned but on Saturday my Dad came over to take some measurements to complete the last bit of my backyard fence! It didn't have a gate and so my poor kiddies weren't allowed out there without me. Anyway......I'm embarrassed to admit....I hadn't weeded for a good YEAR and there were a TON of weeds! I started pulling up a few...and that snowballed and next thing you know my mom joins in....followed by my 6 year old, my 2 year old, my Dad and Hubby....and 3 hours later we've even hacked into the poorly maintained bushes I had in the back. We're not done...but will be digging the roots up. Wow! What a feeling of relief! Once the rest of the fence is completed we can celebrate the rest of this summer by hanging out in the back yard! I'm even inspired to throw a BBQ so I can invite my old college buddies and new friends! Hopefully when the fence is complete, I'll feel safer letting my kids run around there and we'll spend time hanging out and keeping the area nice and clean!

6 comments:

  1. I love this card! Too cute. But I am bummed you spent your 4th weeding the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT card and CONGRATS to Suz! :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable card! Too funny about the weeds, but you're right... it's all good afterward.

    Are you making the card for VP this week? I gotta do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is perfect Mo! I am so thankful that my dad has a lawn business and does my yard for me. lol That's one of the one areas in my life where I am totally spoiled! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is just wonderful! Love that apple paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie!! Awesome card! I watched some fireworks and mainly scrapbooked!
    Hope you are having a great week, my love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR