Sunday, May 10, 2009

Whos says your mismatched PJ's couldn't inspire?????

Okay, so the next project I did for the VP Crop lst weekend was a scrapbook page. It was for Jessi's Layout Challenge at Vintage Plum. Basically, you just scrap the colors you are wearing!

At first, I thought I was out of luck! Why? Here's my "inspiration" below:


Very.....NOT CUTE! I thought, how am I going to translate this NASTY outfit into a scrapbook page? I grabbed my papers and scraps and started pulling out the colors from my outfit...hmmmmmm.....and thought "this could actually work"! And it did! Here's the page:

I pulled out my button stash, Signo Gel Pen, Zots Glue Dots, brads, VersaMark Pen, and White Detail Embossing Powder.

I used the Signo Gel Pen for journalling. For the title "Lola" (which means Grandmother in Tagalog), I just wrote with a Versamark Pen and quickly sprinkled some white embossing powde onto it and heat set it!

After I had all my papers ready to go, I realized I had to match my photos to my papers...which is the opposite of what I normally do as far as scrapooking a page! I looked through my photo stash and was happy to see that it wasn't too hard to find a photo that would work! I chose these photos of my mom and my kids a couple of years ago.

I CANNOT believe how fast it was to run through a bunch of projects during the VP Crop! What a great idea! Visit again soon to see the next project.....bookmark this site, subscribe or become a follower so you don't forget about me!

So, check out the Crop Forum HERE to see diffferent challenges (if you haven't already).

And pop over to Jessi's blog:


She's one of the Vintage Plum Hostesses and her work is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure you can find a bunch of inspiration there!!!! Happy looking!

Lastly,

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mommies out there!

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. I love your inspiration......and the LO is sooooo cute!!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mo, you are too sweet! Thanks so much for your kind words. I loved your take on the challenge by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy mother's day mo!!! ^_^ *Hugs* hope it's a fun filled day with TONS of flowers and surprises!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's DAY to you :) Love how you used the inspiration !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi baby!! I love it!! :D
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend! ;D
    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout!! You did a really good job of transferring your pjs to the layout (that sounds weird, but you know what I mean). Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR