Thursday, May 14, 2009

Meeting Minnie Mouse

Okay, here's yet ANOTHER project I finished during the Vintage Plum Crop which took place over the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd! For this challenge, proposed by Stace, we were supposed to use up our stash (buttons, ink paper, etc)...for the Stash Challenge. CLICK HERE for details on the challenge and to see Stace's awesome LO!

I used this Minnie Mouse poofy sticker I've been saving for scrapbooking our Disneyland Trip in 2006. Isabel was about 3 1/2 and Luke and I thought she would have an awesome time at Disneyland. And, I didn't know it yet, but I had a bun in the oven!!! Yup, no wonder I was eating anything and everything during the trip (I usually eat like a bird). A few months later, my little Gabriel was born!
Too bad my little Belly Bel was looking away! She was all decked out in her Minnie Mouse ears!
I have a BUNCH of patterned chipboard letters but NONE OF THEM matched this layout! But it was an easy fix! I just used some embossing powder in black to color my letters!
If you're not quite sure how to do this, here's some directions:
1) Place your letter, front side down into a Versamark pad. (It helps to use some tweezers to handle your letter.) Make sure the whole letter is coated.
2) Sprinkle some black embossing powder over your letter.
3) Heat set with a heating tool.
4) Press your letter into your Versamark pad again.
5) Sprinkle a second coat of black embossing powder and heat set. Let dry.

I cannot believe how many projects I finished! If you spend a lot of time designing, how bout trying these challenges to speed up the process! I completed 6 PROJECTS IN ONE DAY! Let me tell you, it was soooooooooo relaxing and gratifying! Crop alone or gather up some friends! Either way, you'll have a blast! But.....you might get more done alone....he he!

Now let's talk about Stace! She's one of the Vintage Plum Design Team Members and she's got oodles of talent! Check out her blog:

Pieces of Me:

Random ramblings of a wife, mother and scrapper.

2 comments:

  1. super cute layout MO!!

    6 pages in one day!?!? WOW, that is hardcore!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my gorgeous friend. Loving that layout! Hope you are having a wonderful week! :P
    TGIF maƱana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR