Thursday, May 21, 2009

A birdie told me to........

SMILE!
Every time I look at this layout I SMILE! The photo was taken of my daughter, Isabel, in 2003. This was one of my favorite outfits! She wore hats very well! She loved them. Even when she was this young, she'd let you put a hat on her and she'd actually LEAVE IT ON!
She still loves to wear hats. She's got TONS of em! This layout was yet another one inspired by a Vintage Plum project :) We were to use chipboard on our layout. The other submissions were phenomenal! CLICK HERE to see the rest of them.

I ripped up some tulle I got in my May Vintage Plum Kit and weaved it in and out of the ripped white clouds.



And here is my super cute birdy bird. Her name is Lady Bird! Isn't she so pretty?

This was too fun! Did you know, I TORE MY SCRAP ROOM APART searching high and low for the yellow Sparkle Fibers I wanted to use on this cute lil birdy bird chipboard I have. The good news is my scrap room is clean again!

I've been itchin' to use this birdie on a LO. As always, VP gives me the motivation I need to GET STUFF DONE!

I painted the birdy body with yellow acrylic paint, then painted on some Versamark (from the refill bottle not the pad) and sprinkled on the Sparkle Fibers in Pineapple (by Clearsnap Holding Inc.). I colored the beak and birdy legs with pigment ink and added a googly eye!

I also used the ribbon gathering technique (which I can't seem to stop doing) for the grass.

Oh yes, let me share a crafty goof up with you! Okay, so above I explained how to make the bird (this was previously posted to the Vintage Plum Gallery). Well.....I messed up! I was SOOOOO EXCITED to sprinkle that stinkin' yellow sparkle fibers over the bird that I MISSED A STEP! Funny thing is this layout has been sitting on a shelf since I made it and I grabbed it to show my mother the other day and our fingers got all messy with sticky ?Versamark and sparkle fiber!!!! Why? Versamark doesn't really dry like glue. I forgot this! I SHOULD HAVE sprinkled some HEAT AND STICK POWDER on the Versamark THEN heated it so that it got sticky and THEN sprinkled the sparkle fibers on it! I used this technique because I wanted the glue to be clear/translucent and not white. No need to heat set after sprinkling...it might alter/warp your sparkle fibers!!!!

I haven't screwed up this big in a LONG LONG TIME! I have yet to fix my mistake!

Here are the ingredients to this nummy num layout:

Pacific Point card stock (CS) by Stampin' Up! (SU)
Pumpkin Pie textured CS by SU
Orange Flower Printed Paper is from a Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired by SU)
Whisper White CS by SU
Birdie chip board (who else....SU)
Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon by SU
Peacock Tulle (Vintage Plum)
Scrapbook paint in Spotlight by Making Memories
Adhesive chipboard pieces by K & Company
That super cute tag (which I won during the VP Crop for Jessi's Challenge was donated by Stephanie, one of the crop sponsors)

That birdy bird just about stole the show from my little Belly Bel's super cute picture!!!......ALMOST!

Oh Lady Bird....you sneaky sneaky bird! Isabel will always be the star!


Want a chipboard bird like Lady Bird?

Here's a photo. You can't see the larger bird but they are in there!:
Look at all the super cute chipboard pieces you get! This is one of my most favorite Stampin' Up products.....EVER!
While I'm at it, here's some way too cute BIRDIE STAMP SETS! AAAAAAAH!
And this stamps set coordinates with the chipboard! Yes! Stamp it on paper, cut it out and then mount on your birdie chipboard for added character!

This was fun! Hope you had fun looking too!
Shhhhhhh......I'm working on creating some Lady Bird Clones to put in my MoMoStamper Etsy Shop!
XoXo,
Mo

1 comment:

  1. Mo, I already told you at VP that I love this LO, great job! I'll have to stalk your Etsy for the little birdies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR