Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Memories....A Vintage Book

Once again, I had a BLAST participating in the Creative Cafe at Vintage Plum this past Tuesday! (CLICK HERE FOR THE TUTORIAL ON CC). Beth hosted CC and posted a tutorial on how she altered a vintage book! Miss Beth is so CRAZY TALENTED! (Click on that last link to learn more about my wonderful friend!)

I am soooooo happy with what I created! For the longest time I've been waiting to find a way to showcase some of my early childhood family photos. Then, Vintage Plum put together the April Kit called Hopscotch and I KNEW I had some wonderful materials to use! Then....Beth showed us some CRAZY vintage books she made a few weeks ago and I went BALLISTIC!

I have to say that I've learned few things about my scrap booking style these past couple of months being addicted to Vintage Plum! I've expanded my talents and learned so much! Thanks to all the VP Homies!!!!!! Woot woot!

Here's my book!I grabbed everything vintagy I had and laid it around the table and just let the MoJo flow! I loved these papers from the Hopscotch kit....the colors reminded me so much of Hawaii! I'm soooo happy!

And then my two-year-old son was running around with this little red fabric flower he pulled off one of my fake plants....I grabbed him and said "Can I have that?".....thank goodness he didn't pitch a fit...he handed it right over! It looks wonderful with the paper!


I love that turquoise color! And the font on the rub ons (another yummy part of the Hopscotch Kit) are sooooo perfect!

I grabbed my bag of ribbon scraps and went WACKY! The messier the ribbon looked...the better it worked! And I found that cute fabric heart in that stash. I actually saved it....it was part of he tag from a baby outfit that was given to my son! Isn't it so adorable! I knew I'd find a good way to use it in my crafting!

Here's a side view so you can see the tags and hanging-outy thingys that peek out from my book! I love that look. It's so here-and-there-and-everywhere....just like my brain! (Don't believe me? Ask my friends and family!)

And to be totally honest.....I wasn't sure about the whole doily thing in the VP Kit...but MAN did it look good on this book! I went from anti-doily to DOILY FREAK! I need more doilys!

My booky book...you're looking so beautiful! Beth! She looks so beautiful, doesn't she?????? (he he he)
I couldn't stop snapping pictures of this book! I can't wait for my sisters to see it in person! My mom saw it and thought it was wonderful!

Look at that red flower....it's like it's just lookin' at you and smiling!

So I got a good start on this...it's not done. I just started few pages. It's gonna take a bit because I have to scan my photos first (I can't cut up the originals!). I'm so glad I got a printer/scanner last year!

Here's my first page. I love this stamp! It's by Provo Craft and it's a rolling journaling stamp called CIRCA. I will be using this lots in my vintage book!

About the photo: For the first 3 years of my life we lived in Guam (Dad was in the Navy. GO NAVY!). Then we moved to Hawaii. Yes, my dad's first car was a VW bug!
I broke into my big button jar....yay! I'm using up all kinds of stuff! Here I am just chillin' and relaxin'.....yes, they made swings back then (1977)! Look....it's made of aluminum!!!! He he.


The little birdy was made with my trusty Big Shot (It's the Birds and Blooms Sizzlits Die)! Order from Stampin' Up! If you don't already have a SU Demonstrator....order from ME ME ME! The black and white paper is part of a journaling book by Making Memories called 5th Avenue.

I asked my dad why they didn't smile in these old photos....he said they hadn't invented smiling in photos yet.....(he's a smart a**)! I never got a straight answer.

Here's a couple pages I started. I used another journaling page from my MM 5th Avenue spiral notebook. That beautiful strip of orange patterned paper is part of the March VP Kit "Hill Country" (can't remember the manufacturer).

Hope you liked the pics! I'll show you guys the pages as I complete them! This was tons of fun! Creative Cafe is on Tuesday at Vintage Plum (here are all the projects so far)! Can't be there on Tuesdays? The tutorials are posted and so you can do them later on your own time! Post your creations to the gallery! Want to peek at the other vintage books? CLICK HERE! Check back often to see new photos!

Okay your link lovers! I'm officially link overloaded AND I've got carpal tunnel! I'm done! See you soon!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love your book and can't wait to see more!!! And I am really excited about finding VP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVEEEEE your altered Book!!! You did a stunning job on this one!!!! Now I need to get going on mine!!!! Only 65,0000 I want to do's and not enough hours in the day!!!!! Happy Scrapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your altered book rocks!! I love all the colors and how it all came together! LOVES it!

    Have a great NSD weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE FREAKING HILARIOUS!! YES, YOUR BOOK GETS MORE AND MORE BEAUTIFUL WITH EVERY PICTURE YOU TAKE! HAHAHAHAHA JK!
    It is killer coool! I love it and I love you so much for coming and playing!
    Hope you can hang out for while this weekend!
    Talk to you soon, my love! :D
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job with the VP Creative Cafe book! I am dragging my feet and have yet to make it, but it is on the to-do list for the summer. c ya over on VP soon! (happy NSD!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you rocked this kit! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR