Monday, January 4, 2010

It's the newest Man of the Week! "I See You..."

Move over Taylor Lautner (my super obsession).....there's a new MAN in town!  I just have to say.....there IS NO VOTING because Mo has made an executive decision for the Man of the Week!

Now, I have ALWAYS been a big movie go-er....and I've been out of commission since I started a family...for obvious reasons.  But now that the kiddos are older....and mouthier....I am finding....AND NEEDING time to get away and live in a world of fantasy for a period of 2 to 3 hours!

Did I ever tell you I worked in a movie theater in High School!  Yup, some of the BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE!  I got to preview TONS of movies before they were released and we'd be up till 2 am just watching them!  Now, being in High School, I don't quite remember how I convinced my parents to let me go...but I did.  And I can't say I never told any lies.....sorry Mom (I'm sure I've already admitted to this to you by now).  Oh yeah, I worked in the concession stand and I was so super freaking fast you'd see people jump into my mile-long line from one that's half the length just because "they knew" Mo rocked the concession stand!  There was this one guy who'd come take his girlfriend and would ALWAYS jump into my line no matter how long it was!  Okay, enough with the reminiscing....sorry!  Those were good times!

Anyway, what I'm getting at is....I FINALLY SAW AVATAR!  UH....FREAKING....MAZING!  Wowza...and I'm not just talking about the movie.....the main character was pretty easy on the eyes!!!

So, this weeks MAN OF THE WEEK is......

SAM WORTHINGTON


image from IMDB.com

Ladies.  Ohhhhhh LADIES!  I have ALWAYS melted when I hear an Australian accent....yummm!  He is DELISH!  Ready for some eye candy???????  Except in the movie, I think he's American...but you hear his accent every so often.  Along the way, you'll discover some things about Sam...so I'll tell you as we go......

Here's some info:

Real Name: Samuel Worthington

Birthday: 08/02/1976

Birthplace: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Occupation: Actor

Sign: Leo



I don't know about you...but I get goosebumps with dramatic trailers....(shiver).  Anyway, for those of you that think this is an animated movie....IT ISN'T!  They used that CGI technology so the actors actually move and act and utilize their imaginations to react and interact with things that are not there!  They are NOT doing voice overs.

And while I'm on that subject....the co-star...the gorgeous Zoe Saldana...was amazing!





So in Avatar, Sam Worthington plays Jake Sully who is drafted into a mission for a special reason.  No spoilers here......oh yeah, forgot to say that I saw it in 3-D...pretty cool.  I dunno, I think he's the new biggest action star!  If you can see it IMAX, I would definitely recommend that because this movie was designed for viewing in a theater.  If you decide to only see one movie this year...this is it.  James Cameron really blew me away...again...with this movie!

*Sam Worthington Various
See More Sam Worthington Various at IGN.com


Sadly, there aren't a slew of photos out there because he's just started making American Movies.  He's big in Australia apparently.  According to IMDB.com he won 'Best Actor' at the AFI awards for his role in the Australian movie "Somersault".   He was also Man of the Year (or something like that) in the Australian GQ.

And here's an interesting quote (by Sam Worthington) also taken from IMDB.com:

"I also care that the public are getting their 12 dollars' worth when they go to a movie, and that they're not coming out not wanting to ever see a movie with me in it again. I don't care what people think of me as a person, but I do care what people think of my work, and whether I'm investing enough into it." [Empire magazine, October 2006].



And if he looks familiar to you, it's because he was in Terminator Salvation with Christian Bale (another yummmm).

Here's a trailer for Terminator:



I have yet to see this movie......have you seen it?  What did ya think?


(image taken from Zimbio.com)
Wow.  Me likey.



He lookes like someone......


Mmmmmm......a hottie sandwich!



Ben Affleck, is that you?  He he....



I think he plays one of those Terminator robots in the movie.

He was pretty stoked when he met Governor Arnold:
HERE is a link to the interview on hulu.com with Conan O'Brien.

Okay.  I read they were making this movie...and forgot.  So, imagine my RE-surprise as I sit there watching the trailers before Avatar.  They are REMAKING......guess.....GUESS!!!!!!!

CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!!  Aaaaaah!  In addition to my love for the movie E.T., I loooooooved this movie as a kid!  LOVED IT!  I think, with Clash of the Titans, my deep appreciation for movies began.  I think it's because I have such a WILD and VIVID imagination which has even developed as an adult (I know, you'd think I'd actually lose it....nope not Mo!  I don't know why)...I truly enjoy watching movies at the movie theater with that big screen and popcorn and cushioned seats.  But, I'm also a "theater snob" in that I MUST sit in a super comfy huge chair and watch in a pretty nice theater with multi levels and pop holders and surround sound.  So, I don't typically go to older theaters.

So why am I talking about Clash of the Titans?  GUESS WHO IS PLAYING PERSEUS!  Yes, our very own Sam Worthington.  Louis Leterrier is the director of this remake of the original 1981 version.


Cool huh?  Remember when I dressed up as Medusa Halloween of 2008? Maybe not, hardly anyone read my blog then...hee hee!  That was due to my love of this movie!!!!  Oh, and while I'm babbling.  One of the reasons I knew Hubby was "the one" is because he also LOOOOOOVES Clash of the Titans (and Conan the Barbarian)....he he!  We're both super GEEKY excited to see this together!



There's something real sexy bout a man in armor!




Here is Perseus with those 3 blind witches......"Give me the eye!"  Remember that glass ball (the eye)?  Yes, that quote was courtesy of my Hubbs who is excellent at quotes and impressions.  I wonder if he ever does an impression of me....hmmmmmm.

Also part of the cast is Liam Neeson (super cool) as Zeus and Ralph Feinnes (as Hades).   I also LOVED Greek Mythology in High School so I am so freaking antsy about this movie!  And they're not even done filming the movie yet!  That's right!  It's set to release end of March but they recently got more money in the budget to shoot some cool extra scenes which will be happening in January!  So, they must be anticipating this to be big as it rides the coattails of Avatar!  They are even considering making it 3-D.  They really are trying hard to get people back in the movie theaters!



And here's an OFFICIAL TRAILER on You Tube.  You have to follow the link because embedding has been disabled.

Okay, there you have it!  I'm sooooo flipping excited!!!!  I hope you enjoyed.  Please note that I never claim to own any of these images or videos.  I do my best to screen for appropriateness of videos I embed.  Not that I've had any complaints, I'm just always worried that someone may be offended.  So, please accept my apologies if ever any video offends you, that's not my intention.  I only do this because I enjoy it and feel that my blog buddies do too! (Again, I've had no complaints...I'm just worrying here.)

I hope you had a wonderful New Years celebration!  I had lots of fun spending it with my family!  Thanks for stopping by, as always!  I appreciate the time you took to read and comment!  I really do enjoy reading the comments!  Have a great week!  I will be back with some crafty goodness!!!

Hugs,
Mo

BLOGWEAR