Monday, January 18, 2010

The definition of Handsome......



Okay, 2010 is here so I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of things!  I've got an idea brewing for the next round of Yummy-nees for next week's Man of the Week!  But again, I chose this week's Main Man.....Denzel!!!  Yes, definitely sexy in my book!  Love him LOVE HIM loooooooove him!


Date of Birth:  December 28, 1954 in Mount Vernon, New York
Birth Name:  Denzel Hayes Washington Jr.
Nickname:  D
Height:  6' 0½" (1.84 m)

For the full bio on IMDb, click HERE.


Love his movies!  All of em!

Speaking of movies....he's got a new one I wanna see.  The Book of Eli.  Here's a trailer:

*
Not quite sure what it's about, so I looked it up.

Here's some info from WarnerBros.com:

I'm waiting on some reviews of the movie.  Let me know if you've seen it (It was released on January 15th).  I decide based on the reviews if I watch now or wait for DVD.  Plus, I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for one of those Apocalypse type movies...so depressing and scary.  Sorry Denzel!

Remember the movie Glory?  One of my faves.....
WARNING:  This scene may be disturbing....but he got his 1st Oscar playing this role:
*


A quote from Denzel Washington (from imdb.com):

[on the whipping scene in "Glory"] - I remember walking around before that scene, just praying and calling on the spirits of all the slaves, because I didn't know how to play it. I was like, 'Okay, fellas, just tell me what to do.' And I went out there with an arrogance. I spit on the ground. I had this attitude and this strength -- it all came out of this meditation. It wasn't calculated. It was organic. That whip actually hurt, but I was like, 'Don't let him win.'


Here's some fun trivia taken from imdb.com:

Only the second actor of color (after Sidney Poitier) to win the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role (for Training Day (2001)). Poitier received the honorary Academy Award that same year.

Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.

Tom Hanks said working with Washington on Philadelphia (1993) was like "going to film school". Hanks said he learned more about acting by watching Denzel than from anyone else.
He was at his mother's beauty parlor, when a woman getting her hair done saw him and told someone to get her a piece of paper and she wrote at the top "Prophecy" and then wrote that Denzel would grow up and one day speak to millions. Denzel kept the bit of paper in his wallet. The woman was known as a prophetess in their church and community.

First African-American actor to receive two Academy Awards

Has two films on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time. They are: Glory (1989) at #31 and Philadelphia (1993) at #20.

Claims his personal favorite performances are his works in Cry Freedom (1987), Glory (1989), Malcolm X (1992), and Training Day (2001).
Turned down the role of Detective David Mills in Se7en (1995).
Turned down the role of Cinque in Amistad (1997).

The actors he most wants to work with are Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. The director he most wants to work with is Martin Scorsese.
The offer he regrets turning down the most is Brad Pitt's role in Se7en (1995).

Was the original choice to play the title character in Blade (1998).

Was considered for the part of Det. Ricardo Tubbs on "Miami Vice" (1984).

Performed all of his own stunts for the hand to hand fight sequences in the post-apocalyptic action film The Book of Eli (2010).


Aaaah, those eyes!


Loved the old photo!  Tee hee!



Wow!

Here's a video on You Tube which shows his "Top 20" movies...according to a fan....NOW THE MUSIC TO THIS VIDEO HAS SOME PROFANITY, SO DO NOT WATCH IT IF THAT MAY OFFEND YOU. 

*




And that gorgeous smile!




Ooooohhhhh...as a bad boy....my weakness!
HERE he wins an Oscar for his role on Training Day (You Tube).

and a quote about winning an Oscar (imdb.com):
Man gives you the award but God gives you the reward.

And another quote [on "Training Day"]:
'My son talked me into doing that movie. He was like, 'Dad, you've never done anything like this.' I just hadn't been asked before. The only film that was sort of dark that I'd turned down was "Se7en." They offered me the Brad Pitt part, but I was like, 'This is so dark and evil.' Then when I saw the movie, I was like, 'Oh, shoot.'


Love the facial hair here!  Sigggghhhhh!






Well there you have it!  My Man!  Kisses kisses kisses!
Hope you're having a wonderful Monday morning.  Wish me a good day.....a steady busy day with no craziness!  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you had a good dose of EYE CANDY!
(I own no rights to any of the photos or videos in this post.)

Hugs,
Mo

BLOGWEAR